Is there a Queue setting not to ring the extension after the queue cycle

I have 2 phones. Phone one has ext 100 (line 1) and 101 (line 2), Phone two has ext 102 (line 1) and 103 (line 2). All extensions, 101 to 104 are members of the queue set for ringall.

When the operator just hung up (example ext. 101) and there’s someone on the queue, ext 101 will start ringing right away. When the operator pickup ext 101, there’s no one there.

My work around is to put a line 2 (ext 102) so the same operator can pick up the next queue caller. Ext 101 will work again (accept incoming call) after the queue re-cycle

I would like to pickup the next Queue caller after I just I hung up. If not is there a way I can remove ext who just finish a call from the queue, then re-join once the queue cycle.

The Wrap-Up-Time is setup to 0. I’ve played with different setting but it doesn’t work.

FreePBX 13.0.153
Asterisk Version: 11.21.2

Thanks

is there a reason that you are using multiple extensions per phone?

At first we only have one ext for each phone that is a member of the queue.
The problem with this setup is when the operator just hung up, and there’s more caller on the queue, the operator was not able to get the next caller even if his ext was ringing.

Our solution was to assign add an ext for each phone so they can use the second extension to be able to pickup the next caller on queue.

check how you have the queue set up. if you have two phones, each with one extension and you make them members of the queue (i assume you made them permanent members), you should be able to have an available operator phone ring very quickly after they hang up. i think by default the retry timer is set to 5 seconds, meaning that the queue will attempt to ring the phones every 5 seconds. but there are other timers like the wrap up timer. also check the ring strategy you are using on the queue. you might want to try ringall to start with. although there are many opinions on this, we generally set skip busy agents to yes.

if you have two phones, each with one extension and you make them members of the queue (i assume you made them permanent members),

It’s set up as dynamic. I actually have 7 (14 counting the 2’nd ext) that can login to the queue. Only operatior who are working that day is login.

you should be able to have an available operator phone ring very quickly after they hang up. i think by default the retry timer is set to 5 seconds, meaning that the queue will attempt to ring the phones every 5 seconds.

The phone rings very quickly (almost instant after they hung up). When they pickup the caller on the same ext, there’s no one there. See attach timer settings.

but there are other timers like the wrap up timer. also check the ring strategy you are using on the queue. you might want to try ringall to start with. although there are many opinions on this, we generally set skip busy agents to yes.

Ring strategy is set to ring all and Skip Busy agent are already set to YES (see setting)

My solution of adding a second ext for each phone works. But as a reflex, the operator use the same ext when they try to pick up next caller.

The Goal is to remove the second ext (if possible) If not, the next objective is stop the ext from ringing or light up until its ready to accept a call on the queue. This will force them to use the other ext.

I’ve tried different combination but no luck. I’m hoping by posting my setup, someone can see what I’m missing.

Thanks

what type of phone? are you sure the operator actually is hanging up the phone?
when the operator picks up and thinks there is no one there, what exactly do you mean? did the call drop? or did it just go back into the queue.

you might try moving to asterisk 13 and see if that fixes your problem. you are on a very old version of asterisk. it is simple to do - use the version switch cli command

what type of phone?

Cisco SPA 303

are you sure the operator actually is hanging up the phone?

I have 7 phone operators who is experiencing the same issue. They have actually put the handset down in order for the line to ring again.

when the operator picks up and thinks there is no one there, what exactly do you mean? did the call drop? or did it just go back into the queue.

When they pick it up and said hello, they don’t hear any one on the other end. Once they notice they use the same ext, the simply hung up, then use the other ext to pick up the caller (same caller that they can’t hear). No call where loss.

you might try moving to asterisk 13 and see if that fixes your problem. you are on a very old version of asterisk. it is simple to do - use the version switch cli command

I’m in the process of setting up a new VPS and I already upgraded Asterisk 11 to 13 (same zip provider just waiting for activation)… I will soon find out.

Do you offer a custom support (fee) for Asterisk upgrade 11 to 13? Can’t afford to be down in the event somethign happen. Pls PM me for details.

when you do not have multiple extensions on a phone, what happens after one call ends?

unless you have custom code, you can switch from 11 to 13 in a matter of a minute or so. just use the cli version switch command. we are happy to help but i hate to take your money for something this simple.

The problem does not exist on the new VPS running Asterisk 13. So I guess the issue is with Asterisk 11.

We have similar problem with sIngle extension. Multiple ext was created as a temporary fix,

We don’t have any Custom Code. The only commercial plugin was SysAdmin, Endpoint Mgr and FOP, I guess I can do a full backup and upgrade. We can always downgrade as a contingency.

Thanks.

upgrading is the fastest way to fix this. the backup is a good idea. the cli command is asterisk-version-switch