Is it possible modify extensions.conf?

Hello everyone,

Is it possible modify or add extension.conf file or include another file to add for example a new extension without using web gui?

Because on the file I saw:

; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make ;
; custom modifications, details at: **freepbx.org/configuration_files **

I would like to add extension automatically, or exists another way?

Greetings.

Hi!

You must not edit that file manually, your modifications would get overwritten…

You could add entries to extensions_custom.conf though but you won’t be able to maintain them from the web interface (as far as I know) as your are doing something in FreePBX’s back…

There are ways to create normal (ie not custom ones) extensions in batch, either “Bulk Extensions” or “Bulk Handler” should do the trick…

I guess whether it fills the bill for you depends on the reason why you want to create those extensions “automatically” (I am not entirely sure what you mean by that, do you mean in batch?).

FreePBX possibly has other ways to do this as well (it does have an API but I have not looked at what it can do)…

Have a nice day!

Nick

Hello Marbled,

Thank you.

I would like to create a freepbx class that it can create extension, followme, I am working in a custom provisioning module.

Greetings.

Every file you want to edit has an ‘#include’ line in it, in every possible place you could want to change. If you find there is a section that does not have an include line where you need to add code, please report it and we’ll fix it. Thanks!