ip2007 Phones with FreePBX

I just switched from an awful Xcelerator IP system (from Vertical) to a FreePBX/Asterisk system. I’m finishing all of the setup and am running into one minor issue. Our Vertical IP2007 phones have 4 “feature key” buttons that used to be assigned to call pickup throughout the office. I’ve been able to recreate that functionality but am unable to get the green LED’s to light up. I’m guessing I’m missing something super basic but in a few hours of research have been unable to find it. It seems documentation and help is at a barebones for the Vertical equipment.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the lighting part of the phone system working? I’m guessing that it may be indicative of a slightly larger issue?

I’m new at this but am overall fairly geeky and a fast learner. Please be forgiving!

Here’s Information that may or may not be helpful:
PBX Firmware: 1.812.210.57-1
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0
Your Linux Distribution: (Redhat CentOS release 5.7 (Final))
Your FreePBX version: (2.10.0)

Adding more information to this post…

When I had the Xcelerator operating, an incoming call would “fast blink” the top-most unused light. So if line 1 was in use, line 2 would light up. This would be true of every phone in the building. When a call was active (whether I’m on it or someone in the other room is on it) the light would remain solid green. If a call was on hold, it would blink slowly.

None of that functionality is in place at the moment. None of the 4 line lights light up. I’ve assigned “call pickup” to each of them but I’m wondering if that was the right move (I’m thinking not).

Here is a screenshot of the setup screen and the options available in the drop down menu: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1923731/attachments/Screen%20Shot%202012-06-05%20at%208.47.07%20PM.png

note: I can’t use * to lead in dialing a code. I did change *8 to 8 in my feature codes.

I don’t think you are going to be able to do what you want to do.

Asterisk doesn’t support that type of shared line appearance. You can monitor other stations and parking positions if you can subscribe to a SIP hint.

I don’t see an option in the screen you posted for DSS/BLF, the usual key type for hint subscriptions.

Skyking, thanks so much for the response. I was sort of expecting that answer but hoping for something else. I’m not even looking for something as extensive as before - just want those to show “lines” in use vs. not in use.

I’ll keep searching for something and, at the very least, I can use them with call pickup.

There are no lines so nothing in Asterisk even relates.

If the phones support BLF/DSS function you can use the parking lot and park calls, however these phones don’t appear to have that functionality.

Good luck

I am trying to configure Vertical IP2007 phone with Anveo SIP provider so I am curious to know how you configured the four buttons (Park 1 to 4).

Thanks

I just used them for different feature such as call pickup and parking lot. Honestly though, we bought a bunch of aastra phones and the few remaining ip2007 phones don’t even hold a candle to the new ones. If you can afford to change, I highly recommend it.