Internal CallerID problems on new extensions 2.2.0rc1

I didn’t want to report this as a bug until I have confirmed this with other users. Here is my problem. When I create a new extension in FreePBX, lets say extension 5000 with the name Reception, the callerid parameter gets set to:

[code:1]device <5000>[/code:1]

whereas it used to set it to ExtName <Ext#> like this:

[code:1]Reception <5000>[/code:1]

This is not a major problem, but when users don’t have extension names on when other people are calling, they can get very annoying. I found that if you hand edit the sip_additional.conf file to fix this, it will get overwritten the next time you make a change in FreePBX. I have worked around this by editing the callerid field of the sip table in the asterisk mysql database, which in turn updates the sip_additional.conf when a change is applied to FreePBX. Seems to be a problem in FreePBX, but I may be wrong. Is this a problem on my end, or in FreePBX 2.2.0 RC1?

Yes, this is a FreePBX 2.2.0rc1 problem. Go ahead and report it if it hasn’t been already.
See also this post on the same topic:
http://www.freepbx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1155

I’ll just copy my post from there:

[quote]
It’s a freepbx problem. We are using Trixbox 2.0 beta and FreePBX 2.2.0rc1. I am not sure of our hardware, but it is not the same as yours. Here’s the problem – Freepbx 2.2.0rc1 does not write the caller id into the zapata_additional.conf

Here’s part of our zapata_additional.conf

; do not edit this file, this is an auto-generated file by freepbx
; all modifications must be done from the web gui
;;;;;;[100]
signalling=fxo_ks
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
mailbox=
immediate=no
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=yes
dial=ZAP/3
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callerid=device <100>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>3

;;;;;;[312]
signalling=fxo_ks
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
mailbox=
immediate=no
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=yes
dial=ZAP/1
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callerid=device <312>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>1

;;;;;;[313]
signalling=fxo_ks
record_out=Adhoc
record_in=Adhoc
mailbox=
immediate=no
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echocancel=yes
dial=ZAP/2
context=from-internal
callprogress=no
callerid=device <313>
busydetect=no
busycount=7
accountcode=
channel=>2

While the FreePBX Web GUI has the correct names of these extensions, they never were written to the .conf files for Asterisk to read.

At the line
callerid=device <100>
it should actually read “callerid=Test3 <100>”

Perhaps this is a bug in the beta? Freepbx 2.1.1 (our last version) wrote the zapata_additional.conf just fine.[/quote]