Intermittent Sendmail Failures With Error

This is an existing system, version 2.11.0.43. Recently, we are seeing intermittent voicemail-to-email sendmail failures with error:

“Recipient addresses must be specified on the command line or via the -t option”

I have tried both “/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i” and “/usr/sbin/sendmail -t” for the sendmail path, same results.

All email recipients are in the same Office 365 domain; this functionality had been fine until the last couple of weeks. Again, this issue is intermittent; I may see several emails go out in the mail log, but then a few or dozens of this error. Apache logs no errors. Users confirm that they have not been receiving the emails consistently.

Any thoughts on what to look at on this issue are appreciated, thanks!

That makes sense, since this isn’t an Apache problem. Have you looked in the mail logs? They should have the outgoing mail instantiation, which will tell you if the mail recipient is getting entered.

You might also look in the /var/log/messages file and see if there’s anything interesting in there at about the same time.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.