Intercom & Paging & Networking Issue

Hi,

I know these are probably very easy questions, however I have looked over this forum and I cannot seem to find the answer. (Yes I have also looked on Google many times as well) If someone could please help me with these questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1. I currently have FreePBX installed. I also have some Cisco 7960 and 7940 phones plugged in. I need to page a certain extension etc, however the phone I am paging never actually picks it up automatically and then puts it on speaker phone. How do I fix this? I have made it so that the phone automatically picks up for paging, however now when someone even calls that extension it will automatically picks up, which is not what I want. I want it to only automatically pick up when I am paging them. How is this done?

2. Finally, this is a very simple networking question, but I hope you can help. I currently have two internet connections in my office. One internet connection is specifically dedicated to the PBX, but both internet connections are on the same subnet so that they can communicate, if needed. Now, since my phones default gateway is 192.168.1.1, but my PBX’s gateway is 192.168.1.2, but the phones are connected to the PBX, which internet connection will they be using?

I assume that the phones, no matter what gateway, will connect to the PBX that I assigned the phones to and will use that internet connection that the PBX has. Is this correct?

I really appreciate all of your help!

I hope you have a great rest of your day.

Thank You

J. Greene

The Cisco 79x0 don’t support paging in a simple way. You can burn a line button and manually set it for auto answer.

As far as phones and gateways, why would the phone need a default gateway?