Installing Digium card

I installed the FreePBX Distro from the instructions on this site using freepbx-2.10.0.tar.gz on a new box and am having problem getting my Digium card working.

Everything is working great other than my phone lines. I have five phone lines coming in and two sip VoIP trunks. The VoIP trunks are working good and I can call out on them from all extensions just fine. Incoming calls all come in on our phone lines. Right now the phone just rings like the line is not plugged in at all.

I have two Digium 4 port cards but for now I only have one in the box and am just worried about getting one of them to work for now. The card I’m trying to get to work is the Digium 1TDM404EF 4 Port Modular Analog PCI 3.3/5.0v Card.

I have set up a DAHDI Trunk in the Freepbx UI with the following setup.

General Settings
Trunk Name: example1
Outbound CallerID: “example company” <111-111-1111>
CID Options: Allow any CID
Maximum Channels: 4
Disable Trunk: not checked
Monitor Trunk Failures: blank / not checked

Dialed Number Manipulation Rules
default/none set

Outgoing Settings
DAHDi Identifier: g1

Zap Channel DiDs
I have four Zap Channel DiDs set up as follows

Channel: The first is set at 1 second is 2 and so on.
Description: The first is set at example1 and so on for the other 3.
DID: +1XXXXXXXXXX each did has one of our phone numbers set in the order that the phone company rings them when someone calls our main line.

My inbound routes
I usaly have “ALL any DID / any CID” pointed to an IVR but right now I have The destination set to one of my extensions that I know is working. I am doing this for testing until I can get the VoIP card working.

I Be-leave the issue resides in the configuration of the driver for the Digium card. Probably in the one or all of the following files zaptel.conf, zapata.conf, or maybe dahdi-channels.conf.

I have not been able to find any specific information about this issue thus far but if this is already documented somewhere if you could just link to it that would be awesome.

Thanks for you time.

Installing the tar file has nothing to do with the distro.

The distro is a CentoOS/Asterisk/FreePBX etc. complete ISO installer.

The tarball is just the FreePBX system, you have to install your own Asterisk and DAHDI

The install iso came with CentOS…
Linux ‘hostname’ 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Sep 6 20:14:03 EDT 2011 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

asterisk also came installed.
Ver. 1.8.11.0

Everything for dahdi came installed as well.

The installer even comes with wanpipe, the Sangoma Setup Scripts for Sangoma cards. Their is information about how to get the Sangoma cards working.
http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation/first-steps-after-installation/installing-and-configuring-a-sango

Their is a post on which cards work.
http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/internal-fxo-card-problems

I am looking for someone that can point me in the correct direction to find some info about which files need to be edited to get the Digium cards to work.

1. Make sure your Digium card(s) are installed
  2. log into bash via root

3)run ‘dahdi_genconf’

This will detect your hardware and insert the necessary text into your config files.

4)edit '/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf’
insert the line ‘#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf’ make sure to leave the #
note: you might need to include this line instead ‘#include dahdi-channels.conf’

5)reboot and test

If you have any issues call Digium Technical support via digium.com. Their technical support team is very helpful.