Installed FreePBX 12 from ISO - gpg error updating

A little backstory, I’ve been running Asterisk 11 and FreePBX 12, installed from source code/compiled for my organization for some time. Recently I decided to upgrade and built a new server to make this simpler by just downloading the Distro, and thought it would be easier to update the system offline/on a new system and then just swap the servers over a weekend.

So I downloaded and installed the FreePBX Distro FreePBX-64bit-6.12.65.iso

Install seemed to go well enough, though the CID Lookup module failed when I clicked apply changes, but that was simple enough to remove and work past.

However I have had a significant issue trying to update the system to 12.0.75 (ISO installed 12.0.45) so I can do the upgrade to 13, mostly around gpg errors, and then a bit of a code error that I found a fix for in GPG.class.php at line 312.

Now I am stuck on updating the gpg keys, I keep getting an error on updating them:

asterisk]# sudo -u asterisk gpg --refresh-keys --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: refreshing 3 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key 69D2EAD9 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key B33B4659 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key FE6D84F7 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: packet(13) too large
gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid packet
gpg: Total number processed: 0
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

I did find some posts from 2019 that referenced a corrupt key file on the servers themselves though.

So I am at a bit of a loss on where to go from here. As I understand it I can not simply restore my backup to a working 13 box, and I need to upgrade incrementally. If that is in error please advise. Otherwise I need to figure out the key errors.

(Jared Busch) #2

If you use the built in FreePBX backup in 12 to create a backup, you will be able to restore that to FreePBX 15.

(system) closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.