Install Freepbx on Asterisk Business Edition

While attempting to install freepbx 2.5.0 onto asterisk business edition I encountered the following:

Checking for Asterisk version…[FATAL] Could not determine asterisk version (got: “Asterisk C.2.1.2” please report this)

This version of ABE is based on asterisk 1.4, and I can probably change the asterisk version file to get past this, but would prefer not to.

I’m wondering if freepbx has any plans to support ABE, and what can I do to help make freepbx on ABE a reality.

I’ll have to ask Digium about this, see if they can do some testing on Business Edition so that we know if it work and if so we can modify to accept and recognize BE numbers. I don’t see why it would be an issue but we don’t have any direct experience with it nor currently a system setup to test and potentially debug on.

Also check out this post http://freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/users/asterisk-business-edition-on-freepbx-2-4 as a few people were trying to get 2.4 working but had some issues surrounding it (FreePBX requiring some things that were not a part of that distribution).

We are partnered up with Digium, and I have a BE system running in xen that I use for the sole purpose of testing & evaluation. My first thought was to modify the install_amp script so that it recognized the version numbers. Is there a better place besides this forum to update you on my progress and or issues encountered?

stagg,
if appropriate you can file a feature request ticket with the valid information and patches. There is a more subtle issue that needs to be addressed. There is a function called engine_getinfo() that gets the asterisk version number and information. That is used by many parts of asterisk to make dialplan generation decisions based on version being 1.4 and 1.6. So what would need to happen is that the BE version to be scanned properly, and then converted to the OS equivalent (at least the base) so that all the places in the code that are making decisions based on that ‘think’ it is 1.4 (or 1.2, or …)

Hi. I work with Stagg, and I seem to have just gotten FreePBX 2.5 working on Business Edition C.2.1.2. I haven’t tested the full functionality of the system, but everything appears to be working. I’ll open a feature request here in a moment and add two patches that I’ve created. Only a few lines needed to be changed. 4 in modules.conf and 2 in $ampwebroot/admin/functions.inc.php to map the BE version numbers to OpenSource asterisk version numbers.

Ticket 3271