Install Asterisk module for OpenVox Failover FA40 in FreePBX Distro

I’m trying to install the OpenVox Failover FA40 with FreePBX Distro 3.211.63-10-x86_64

The OpenVox installation manual: http://wiki.openvox.cn/index.php/OpenVox_FA40_user_manual_en

Basically you need to compile Asterisk with the failover module. But you can do this in a virtual machine and then just copy the compiled failover module to the production server.

I was able to install this with Elastix. This are the steps:

• In a virtual machine I downloaded the asterisk-XXXX.src.rpm package and install it to have the Asterisk source code.

• Copy “res_failover.c” file to /res directory of the Asterisk source code

• Do a “./configure” and “make”

• Copy the compiled “res_failover.so” file to the production server in /usr/lib/asterisk/modules (this was 32 bit)

• Restart Asterisk and the failover module was working fine.

But I don’t know how to do this with FreePBX Distro. I can’t find the SRPM files or the Asterisk source the distro is using.

I tried to compile it with the official Asterisk files in a virtual machine. First, I looked for the Asterisk version:

asterisk -V

Asterisk 11.4.0

So I downloaded http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/asterisk-11.4.0.tar.gz

And compiled with the failover module as explained above. Then I copied the “res_failover.so” file to the server in production.

After I restart Asterisk the failover module is not working and I get this message:

localhost*CLI> failover show
No such command ‘failover show’ (type ‘core show help failover show’ for other possible commands)

localhost*CLI> module load res_failover
Unable to load module res_failover
Command ‘module load res_failover’ failed.
[2013-06-09 15:46:54] WARNING[1854]: loader.c:824 inspect_module: Module ‘res_failover.so’ was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk.
[2013-06-09 15:46:54] WARNING[1854]: loader.c:825 inspect_module: Module ‘res_failover.so’ will not be initialized as it may cause instability.
[2013-06-09 15:46:54] WARNING[1854]: loader.c:915 load_resource: Module ‘res_failover’ could not be loaded.

The error message sounds obvious given the fact that they were not compiled at the same time.

Any help? How can I install this module?