Incoming IAX Issue. NEED HELP! URGENTLY!

We have tried half a dozen different ways,
But we can not get IAX2 Incoming to work. We have a Gradewell account and that works fine (IAX2). However we can’t get our other incoming IAX2 DID’s to work.
We see them registering in the CLI and that is that.

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] – OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 000 Type: IAX Subclass: NEW
Timestamp: 00009ms SCall: 00004 DCall: 00000 [94.23.153.161:4569]

VERSION : 2
CALLED NUMBER : 448458XXXXX
CODEC_PREFS : (alaw|ulaw|g723|g726|g729|gsm)
CALLING NUMBER : 442920XXXXX
CALLING PRESNTN : 0
CALLING TYPEOFN : 0
CALLING TRANSIT : 0
CALLING NAME :
LANGUAGE : en
USERNAME : 28475251
FORMAT : 8
CAPABILITY : 59663
ADSICPE : 2
DATE TIME : 2010-11-21 11:32:42

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] – OSeqno: 001 ISeqno: 001 Type: IAX Subclass: ACK
Timestamp: 00009ms SCall: 00004 DCall: 00001 [94.23.153.161:4569]

We have created the numbers in the incoming route and nothing appears to be happening when we setup our incoming trunk. Have just the trunking incoming lots of times as well, but with no luck.
We even tried sending them in the exact same way as gradewell. EG User1:[email protected]/DID and this fails. It appears up on the CLI but again does nothing.
I have no idea why this is.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello,
Did you resolve this issue? I have a same and need help.
let me know

Hello-
If you’re using Trixbox there is a Forum there, as well that may more accurately address the issue. I haven’t seen that the issue has been resolved here, but it may have been at the TB Forum. Just a thought

You really should take this to the trixbox forum. Since trixbox “forked” FreePBX it’s not fair to this community to have to support it.

That being said, you have not posted your IAX trunk configurations.

My guess would be you don’t have the right context in the IAX peer. Context should be “from-trunk”

Can you tell me how to create a catch all dest in trixbox.

Soz. I am new to trixbox, but fairly familiar with asterisk

Well in FreePBX it’s pretty easy: Create a new Inbound Route with no DID/CID matching. Then assign this Inbound Route to a destination (extension, ring group, etc).

All unmatched calls SHOULD go there- I use it as an insurance policy that I’m not missing any calls beacuse of programming.

Bad news. Have created a catch all and it is still failing.

Any ideas?

I would also like to say that this number is on a incoming trunk.

The user context is: 28475251

The User Details information is exactly the same except from the password is different. But it is authenticated.

However in the cli it displays this: – Registered IAX2 to ‘94.23.153.161’, who sees us as 92.27.64.166:55314 with no messages waiting

But it shows the previous post information (in the same format) wether it is coming in on a incoming auth trunk or coming in via user1:pass1@ip/did format.

Thanks,

Well if it’s getting to your server but it’s not going where it should be, you’re right it must be something in routing. With SIP I’ve had trouble when the sending party didn’t send the correct number of digits, which would then make the call go to the Catch All I had created. However it appears from your post (that I re-read, sorry for the mix-up) that all the required digits are reaching your system.

If they are and the calls don’t go to the correct destination, they should go to the catch-all (if you have one set up)…

To view verbose 5 from the command line:

asterisk -vvvvvr

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] – OSeqno: 000 ISeqno: 000 Type: IAX Subclass: NEW
Timestamp: 00002ms SCall: 00002 DCall: 00000 [94.23.153.161:4569]
VERSION : 2
CALLED NUMBER : 441443XXXXXXXX
CODEC_PREFS : (alaw|ulaw)
CALLING NUMBER : 44
CALLING PRESNTN : 32
CALLING TYPEOFN : 0
CALLING TRANSIT : 0
CALLING NAME : 44
LANGUAGE : en
USERNAME : 28475251
FORMAT : 8
CAPABILITY : 57356
ADSICPE : 2
DATE TIME : 2010-11-21 17:32:56

Rx-Frame Retry[ No] – OSeqno: 001 ISeqno: 001 Type: IAX Subclass: ACK
Timestamp: 00002ms SCall: 00002 DCall: 00001 [94.23.153.161:4569]

That is all that comes up. I tried an 441443 number this time.

http://www.gradwell.com/support/kb/article.php?id=109

I assume you’ve tried that already, but I thought I’d help you out with it.
In the web page it says that you are not to use registration… I had the same issue with a SIP trunk. It would only work if I removed the registartion string.

Sorry, I’m no expert on IAX, but as no one else has hopped in here yet…

Can you post a safe version of your trunk programming? Sounds like that’s where the problem may be…

Our gradwell number works fine.

How do we change the verbose? i try set verbose 5 but does not work.

We do however also see this in the cli: – Registered IAX2 to ‘94.23.153.161’, who sees us as 92.27.64.166:55314 with no messages waiting

We are seeing the call hit the pbx. If you look at the original post. That data is generated when the call hits the server. After the call hits the server it should then start putting it through routing, but it does not. It just hangs there. Where as our calls from gradwell work fine.

We have tried so many different ways.

We have tried sending it as ip/did, user:pass@host/did & did@ip

This is what we have put in the did when it is forwarded as user:pass@host/did (like gradwell)

Context: user1

Context= from-trunk
secret= pass1
type=user

the sending string for the number (in iax2) user1:pass1@ipaddress/448458XXXXX (XXXXX is just to hide the rest of the number)

Kind Regards.

What do you hear as a caller if you dial one of the numbers that aren’t working?

An ingaged tone. However if I call from a mobile it simply says call failed. It shows up in the cli in the format as above. If I take the number and apply it to a difficult if voip phone it works fine.

This is a trunk with few numbers assigned to it.

We also tried just send in the format user:pass@host/DID but still fails. Appears in the Cli as above but goes no further.

If you view the CLI in verbose 5 do you see the call hit your pbx?