Incoming DID not matching catch-all if an extension with that DID number exists

Perhaps. All of my incoming calls go to queues. Up until I realized calls were going to an extension, everything has been working fine. If I have other configuration issues, I’m not presently aware of them.

Summarizing: if you don’t have a dedicated inbound route for a DID, then an incoming call will match a local extension number BEFORE it will match the generic catchall inbound route. If this behavior is not desired, then create an inbound route (or routes) with _XXXX as a new catchall.

2 Likes

And neither are we because, you still have not told use what your trunk context is or how your inbound routes are actually set up. Other than

By default, the from-pstn subcontext of from-did-direct is what causes the match because it calls to ext-local.
Typically a PRI will send either 4 digits or the full number, so most people never see this on a 3 digit extension plan.

So your misconfiguration (assumption because of my above statement that you have shown nothing) is using the “normal” trunk context of from-pstn when you do not want DID matching.

Unfortunately for you all of the normal contexts for trunk use end up with from-pstn. You can go look at all of this to see that.

So you best solution is your own context.
You can put this in extensions_custom.conf under Admin → Config Edit
It is a clone of from-pstn minus the include for from-did-direct

; Entry context for calls from PRI world to hit FreePBX
[from-pstn-pri]
include => from-pstn-custom             ; this context include remains for legacy reasons, but should not be used.
include => ext-did
include => ext-did-post-custom
include => ext-did-catchall             ; THIS MUST COME AFTER ext-did

Save, reload config, go to your PRI trunk and change the context to from-pstn-pri instad of from-pstn or from-trunk or whatever.

If you have one of the more “smart” contexts being used such as from-pstn-toheader it is a little more complex, but not insane.

Jesus Christ, pal. Let it go.

It’s working how I want. I’ve marked it as resolved. It’s done.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.