Incoming calls from SIP trunk line get rejected

Hello,

I have set up a sip trunk for incoming calls, but when a call comes in from this trunk, it gets rejected with the following message:

chan_sip.c:25288 handle_request_invite: Call from ‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ (83.235.24.86:5060) to extension ‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘from-trunk’.

‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ is the DID of the trunk. Somehow it is also used by freepbx as the extension number, which of course does not exist.

The trunk config is as follows:

[Viva]
username=***
type=peer
t38pt_udptl=yes
srvlookup=yes
secret=***
qualify=yes
nat=no
insecure=port,invite
host=voip.viva.gr
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromuser=***
canreinvite=no
context=from-trunk
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridge=yes

Any ideas?

Noone has anything to suggest?

I suggest you read the documentation (wiki) until you "get it. Generally just follow the rules and it ill work for you as it does for everyone else.

chan_sip.c:25288 handle_request_invite: Call from ‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ (83.235.24.86:5060) to extension ‘XXXXXXXXXXXX’ rejected because extension not found in context ‘from-trunk’.

means that you don’t have an inbound route for that DID.

Extensions are context sensitive, you sent your call to “from-trunk” . . . .

…But I do have two incoming routes, one for “any” DID, and one specifically for “XXXXXXXXXXXX”. Both of them send the calls to my user, “100” (my freepbx is set up to work in user/device mode).

What exactly did you mean by the last sentence? Do you mean that extensions (or users in user/device mode?) are valid only within a specific context?

Hi,

I have same issue here , my call is coming to Cisco Voice gateway and routing to freePBX but as per the SIP messages from gateway FreePBX is rejecting the call. Outbound call is working fine.

Can some one post me the inbound configuration setting for freePBX.
FreePBX version:2.11.0.10

talk to your provider for trunk settings and make sure you have the parameters that match their specifications.

as to inbound routes, I can’t say I have enough info to comment.