Incoming and Outgoing calls are recorded but cannot view them in ARI (recording tab)

I have enabled my extension to record both outgoing and incoming calls (always).

I have tested two incoming calls and one outgoing call and they were recorded correctly and stored in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor as .wav files

The Problem:

1. I have logged in to the recording tab and using
    a. my extension
    b. the admin (with password ari_password)

and both ways it does not show any listing in the call monitor link.

1. I have changed the files access in the monitor folder to be accessible by owner,group, and others (i.e. chmod 0777 and chmod 0666)
    Still nothing happened.

I have the latest freepbx v2.6.0.0 and updated to today (2009-10-24).

Any suggestions? I have searched the freepbx forums and googled it and none of the solution helped.

Thanks a lot.

The above steps worked fine, however, I still had to restart the server (linux box) from the command line.

Probably I could have started other services etc…, but I did not have the time to play around with the various services.

Great support, hope this case will help others.

I woke up with the same problem after doing an experimental install of AsteriskNOW on a flash drive.

Apparently not all of the Asterisk Addons are installed with NOW. 1st you need to install the mysql addon:

Login to your asterisk server as root and type yum install asterisk-addons-mysql. Select Y when it asks for installation.

Then you need to change the permissions on the folder where the recordings are stored:

“the permissions on the /var/spool/asterisk/monitor were set incorrectly. Set it as follows (same as the voicemail directory):”

They should read “drwxrwxr-x 2 asterisk asterisk 4096 Nov 26 01:06 monitor” in ls -l

chmod 775 /var/spool/asterisk/monitor

And finally, Apache runs under the apache ID in NOW instead of the asterisk ID so you need to change the owner of the PHP “session” folder to apache:

chown -R apache:apache /var/lib/php/session

That fixed recordings and reports for me.