Inbound to FreePBX then outbound with business caller id number to customer number

I am new to FreePBX and recently installed it and have set it up for my organization. I am utilizing sipstation with FreePBX. I have workers who go out and work on site. What I would like to do is setup a number the workers can call when they need to call the customer. What the number would do is connect to a script or something where the worker would dial the number and then the call would go back out with the Caller ID being set to our main line number so the customers know it is our business who is calling and not some random restricted or blocked number. Also, we’d like to be able to record these calls to make sure our workers are protected if the customer makes any accusations. I have been tinkering a little bit but I haven’t quite figured out how I would do this. I imagine it would involve an IVR, if you could help me out or point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

You essentially want DISA…

You will find all you want there including recording the call…

Make sure your PIN (or PINs) are not easy to guess otherwise this could be abused by peoeple not working for your organization…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

DISA is a good start. If that ends up being too big a challenge (a good passcode that’s easy to remember can be a challenge) you could try a softphone.

A SIP phone add-on like Zoiper for their cellphone. The advantage there is that they are always connected to the local network - they are just an extension away.

Either way, their calls will be recorded (assuming you set it up that way) and their caller ID will be the business.

Unless this no longer works with newer phones (I have not tried it recently), you could add pauses in your phonebook/contacts dialed number.

This could be used to dial a number and then provide an extension, a password, etc…

The Zoiper/MicroSIP/SIP client solution requires you to make your PBX accessible from the outside which not everybody might be comfortable with doing…

Have a nice day!

Nick

True enough. I’m not trying to win anything - it’s just another way to do it.