Inbound route set up

I’m new to Free PBX and am trying to set up inbound routs. I have a test phone and it works for inbound calls when I set the inbound route to point at the specific extension.

Is there a way to set up the inbound to be a default route that can see a pool of extensions rather that having to set up each phone extension individually?

That’s called a ‘ring group’ , please visit the wiki link at the top of this page

Would the ring group dial all the extensions in the group? Or can the rig group also dial one specific extension?

For example- an outside users wants to call 555-555-5555 and if that person doesn’t pick up leave a voicemail. Would’t that ring group dial all extensions in the group instead of rolling to voicemail?

Have you visited the WIKI yet, all your questions are answered there.

I’ll look at it again.

1 Like

If the Wiki is unhelpful, describe how you would like calls to be handled.

Common examples:

1. Calls are answered by an IVR and the caller presses a key for the desired service “For sales, press 1, …” If unanswered, calls would go to a voicemail box associated with his choice.
  2. Calls are answered by an IVR and the caller can dial the extension number of the person he is calling. If unanswered, the caller is transferred to that person’s mailbox.
  3. Each user has his own external number that rings his extension directly. There is also a main number that is answered by a receptionist or IVR.
  1. Each user has his own external number that rings his extension directly. There is also a main number that is answered by a receptionist or IVR.

This is what I’m aiming for.

If you have just a few extensions, create a separate Inbound Route for each DID, pointing it to the corresponding extension.

If you have many, you can use Bulk Handler to create the routes, or a Custom Destination as in:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.