Inbound calls rejected - pjsip but not using pjsip

Hello All,

Have a new phone system, at the firewall I can see 401 rejections and at the PBX I’m seeing this:

[2017-08-17 21:58:01] NOTICE[28831]: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:649 log_failed_request: Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘XXXX SYSTEMS" sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘4.36.73.13:5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found

FreePBX 14 Distro instalation

The extension can call out find, and inbound going to any extension, or voicemail comes back with the above.
100% no PJSIP was configured for ANY extensions.

Any help appreciated, getting desperate…

You probably need to choose your ports appropriately between chan_pjsip and chan_sip

Hello,

I never configured anything in pjsip, not extensions or in the SIP settings page.
I’m using 5060 chan sip…

Any ideas?

In FPBX14 I see a new pjsip tab, but I left everything as default.

Thanks!

In the Advanced Settings (IIRC) there’s a place where you choose which SIP channel driver(s) you want to enable. Make sure your settings are set up to only use Chan-SIP - the defaults will mess you up in a way that looks very much like the problem you are seeing.

Thanks
Somehow the default installation picked ports in Advanced SIP so that pjsip was on 5060, which is what threw me. The raw 401’s didn’t help me understand the problem until I saw the asterisk logs.

I’m not sure, if I left everything at default and changed the SIP Channel Driver option you pointed out to chan_sip if it would have instantly corrected the issue.
I’m going to go create another install just for my own knowledge so I can check what those SIP settings defaulted to.

I appreciate you pointing this out!