Important problem

Hey everyone I need help please I’m on Ubuntu 20.04 and I have asterisk 16 and when I install freepbx and I do : sudo ./install -n , this message appear : Assuming you are Database Root
Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
No /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf file detected. Installing…Writing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…Done
Checking if Asterisk is running and we can talk to it as the ‘asterisk’ user…Error!
Error communicating with Asterisk. Ensure that Asterisk is properly installed and running as the asterisk user
Asterisk does not appear to be running
Try starting Asterisk with the ‘./start_asterisk start’ command in this directory

I followed this tutorial to install asterisk : https://www.google.fr/amp/s/computingforgeeks.com/how-to-install-asterisk-16-with-freepbx-15-on-ubuntu-debian/%3Famp

And when I write : sudo ./start_asterisk start

This message appears:

STARTING ASTERISK
Asterisk is already running

Cordially

Follow the official documentation on wiki.freepbx.org.

If you follow someone else’s blog and it doesn’t work, you should reach out to the blog author for help.

1 Like

Hello, thanks but I click on your link and I found nothing

Look harder. Search for “install.”

1 Like

I resolved the problem thank you but I have one question I finished the installation of freepbx15 but I don’t know how to start it , the tutorial said : Open up your web browser and connect to the ip_address_or_hostname/admin of your new FreePBX server.

How can I have the IP address (this is my IP address or what) and what is the hostname/admin

Cordially

Browse to the IP address of the server. If you don’t get the FreePBX login prompt then add /admin to the end of the URL.

1 Like

You can either check your DHCP server and see what IP address it gave your FreePBX installation or login with root at the console and it tells you what IP address it was given… Log in with a web brower to that IP address…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.