I'm stumped: 1 phone connected to 2 different PBXes

I have 2 FreePBX installations, one at home and one at the office. Each is behind a router/firewall with ports 5060 and 5160 directed to the PBX. Each is working fine.

I have multi-line phones at home and in my office. Here’s my dilemma. I want to use one of the lines on my home phone to connect to my office pbx, and I want to use one of the lines on my office phone to connect to my home pbx.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out a way to do this. Because 5060 and 5160 are redirected to their respective pbxes, the respective remote phone lines don’t exchange SIP information with the local pbx.

Any ideas how to handle this?

This should not be a problem, provided that the local SIP port on the phones are something other than 5060 or 5160. If the phones have a separate local port setting for each line, make them unique, in addition to avoiding 5060 and 5160. Make sure that any SIP ALG in either router is disabed.

If you still have trouble, post details: phone make/model? Home router/firewall? Office router/firewall? VoIP-specific settings in either? What goes wrong (registration fails, no audio, etc.)?

That worked. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.