I'm sorry an error has occured

I am running FreePBX 2.4. Occasionally a user will complain that when someone called their extension and got their voicemail, the caller will get an “I’m sorry an error has occurred” message. Whenever this happens, I know that if I go check the voicemail.conf file, I will find a random bracket separating that user’s voicemail box (and usually a couple of others) from the rest of the others. This causes the voicemail boxes following the bracket to stop working and to play the error message. As soon as I delete the bracket, all is groovy. Has anyone else experienced this?

-Mike J

almost sounds like you have a quote in somebody’s name (Like O’Brian). That used to throw strange results sometimes. But our one employee who we had that issue with left over a year ago and I never chased it down.

Had the same problem. Removed the emailaddress for sending voicemail to user andproblem was resolved.

How I searched mij IP/MASK data:
Search www.whois.sc with your smtp IPaddress. You’ll find it there.
Works for me.
Voicemail notification goes straight to my mailbox.

I have experienced the above issue with the [] between the voicemail boxes. The voicemail boxes below the [] do not work any more. I think that it is looking for a [] (blank) context. As soon as I delete the [] the voicemail works great. Does anyone know why the [] appear?

Thanks.

maxxwireless. What is your version information? There was a release of 2.5 that also had this as a bug, it was quickly fixed and a newer version was released to fix it. So if you are running 2.5.x please make sure you are up to date with all modules first.

Mike,
I an having the same issue. I loaded Asterisknow 1.5 and can’t seem to get the voice mail working. Could you please take a look at your voicemail.conf file and let me know if it looks something like this one?

[general]
include vm_general.inc
include vm_email.inc
[default]
100 => 100,100,[email protected],attach=yes|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no
101 => 101,101,[email protected],attach=yes|saycid=yes|envelope=yes|delete=no
102 => 102,102,attach=no|saycid=no|envelope=no|delete=no
[root@localhost asterisk]#

Please ignor my last post. I found that I had shot myself in the foot while using GUI I changed the mailbox information from 100@default to [email protected]. This is what caused the issue. Everything is working fine now
Thanks
-Mike

i just had this occur as well

i never saw any followup on the issue ?

• Running Asterisk Version : Asterisk 1.4.39.1
  • Asterisk Source Version : 1.4.39.1
  • Dahdi Source Version : 2.4.0+2.4.0
  • Libpri Source Version : 1.4.11.5
  • Addons Source Version : 1.4.13
  • FreePBX : 2.8.1.3

annoying little problem

the only thinbg i’ve been playing with is the bulk import tool