I'm lost. FreePBX / Asterisk and OpenVPN. One client no audio, all other okay!

O no… Not another no audio thread…

Unfortunately yes… I’ve been at this for some time now, but can not get it to work.
I have a Debian server runing FreePBX (2.9.0.9) with Asterisk (1.8.0) and OpenVPN (2.2.1)

All is working fine, and even the troubled client (my parents) who is using a Grandstream GXV3140 phone works fine when used in Scotland.
IE: The GXV3140 makes the SIP connection over OpenVPN, and voice / video are working great.
Same thing with other clients. No problems what so ever!

The GXV3140 has now been moved to Dubai, and all looks fine. The GXV3140 makes the connection over OpenVPN, and I can login to the user interface from the GXV3140 over OpenVPN from the server.

Only problem now is… No audio both ways!
I have no clue why the GXV3140 is working fine from Scotland, but not from Dubai, as the OpenVPN is setup fine.

The reason that I’m using an OpenVPN connection is that the ISP blocks VOIP.
I have full controll over the firewall on the FreePBX server, but not over the clients site.

Anyone here who might have a clue on how I could “debug” this problem?

Thank you so much for any help on this.

Did you add the additional localnet setting in SIP settings for the new VLAN network?

This is often overlooked.

Thank you for your reply.

The local network has not been changed. (10.30.0.0 and 255.255.255.0)
I’ve even added the true IP range /subnet of the user to the local network settings.

It was an ID 10 T (read IDIOT) error on the clients site.
The person (my mother) who put the phone together had put the phonehorn cable (the coiled cable) in the 2nd network (RJ45) plug instead of the RJ11 plug.

All is working fine now :slight_smile:

Glad you got it working but a VPN network is a “local” network since it is Non-Natted and needs to be in the localnet list. Localnet is the networks that Asterisk excludes from NAT processing.