Ignorepat on analog extension (SOLVED)

I have an 8 port analog card (4 fxo, 4 fxs) with a single trunk line and a single phone. I want to have dial tone after pressing the 9 key. Doing some poking around, it seems that I can just put this line:

ignorepat => 9

into extensions_custom.conf in the [from-internal-custom] section, but this seems to not have any affect (the dial tone goes away).

Does the ignorepat statement need to go directly in the from-internal context? If so, how do I get freepbx to generate the line for me in the config?

Never heard of ignorepat. I get a dahdi dialtone using an outbound route with a dial pattern like this:

99|

It will strip the 99 (or whatever code you want) prefix and send no number to the trunk.

That’s a horrible plan - that gives anyone direct access to the trunk line and bypasses any kind of outbound route restrictions.

What I’m attempting to do is exactly what the asterisk book describes (http://books.google.com/books?id=vtQxJ3oSm64C&pg=PA141&lpg=PA141&dq=freepbx+dial+tone+when+dial+9&source=bl&ots=LW_eHZGl87&sig=mHAbimBCDgeedQ1NPQBe7YL_C54&hl=en&sa=X&ei=A10IUaHfMMW5qgGs-oHACg&ved=0CGkQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=freepbx%20dial%20tone%20when%20dial%209&f=false), just within freepbx.

I found this thread from the asterisk users mailing list: http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2005-April/096372.html
It says that the ignorepat has to be set in the real context, not in an included context (i.e. it has to be in [from-internal], not [from-internal-custom]). I tried this by manually editing the extensions.conf file and reloading it, and it does work as expected if the line is placed in the [from-internal] context directly.

So, I added the following in extensions_override_freepbx.conf:

[from-internal-ignorepat]
ignorepat => 9
include => from-internal

Then I changed the extension’s context to be from-internal-ignorepat and it works great.

Good catch jkillen. Once I realized what OP was asking, I spent a few minutes trying to figure out how to hook into the existing [from-internal] context, but your technique is way easier. Funny things happen with custom contexts though, can you confirm that there are no issues with placing calls to the extension or with call parking, etc?