Ignore voicemail when doing ringall?

I’m setting up an emergency number using our company’s FreePBX server, using a separate DID which then goes to a ring group. The ring group plays an announcement explaining that the caller has reached my medical emergency line (the number is on a bracelet I wear), and that it will attempt to call a few emergency contacts until one picks up.

It works great, except there’s a catch I found - if someone has their phone off and their number goes right to voicemail, then the call is directed to that person (who isn’t available). Ideally I’d love if it could keep running ringall until a human picks up, but I know that’s not really an option.

Is there a better way to configure it so that an EMT or similar would be able to call the number and reach one of my emergency contacts (and not the first voicemail to answer)?

You’ll need to enable Confirm Calls. Increase the ring time to account for the time it will take for the recipient to answer and confirm the call. This prevents calls from ending up in a cell phone voicemail.

1 Like

Brilliant! Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.