Ibdata1 huge

Hi to all,
today I went out of space and things have become unresponsive, so I freed up some space deleting old logs anf things worked again. I noticed that this file /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1 is 12GB. Is there a way to reduce the size of this? freepbx is on a proxmox server with a disk of 32GB so the / partition is only 28GB. Many thanks

hi, the only way to reduce the size is backup with mysqldump, delete, restore. take a look at this

also, are you serving other databases in this mysql instance? 12gig is pretty large for a freepbx install

1 Like

thank you so much

no this is a pure freepbx install and nothing more, just a lot of extensions(around 70) and 4 pjsip trunks, obviously we receive a massive amount of calls every minute

it must be the call volume, i have 110 extensions but not nearly that many calls. my file is only 1.2g. BTW, you might have to prune your call data?

how can I prune those datas? I do not need to preserve any particular log or history in this moment. thank you again

I think that this is happening today due some changes on the italy government rules, and we are receiving a never seen amount of external calls( in this moment around 65 active calls) because clients wants to receive informations about the new rules…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.