I suspect something is going on with the Queues module in FreePBX 2.4.0 beta2.0


I upgraded everything to the latest (Jan 7) and added modules: custom contexts, extension settings, time groups, import extensions and wakeup from the 3p modules.
System became instable (IVR not allowing to “Increase options” resulting in a blank page and errors on “Apply Configuration Changes”).
A manual retrieve_conf resulted in “seg fault/DB error”, I tracked this down to the line 688 “generate_configurations_queues($version)” in retrieve_conf.
After restoring my backup I see that, although in the GUI nothing seems wrong, a manual retrieve_conf also generates a warning: “Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc.php on line 37”.

All of this can be circumvented by defining at least a dummy queue q1 number 1, but still …


whether there are issues in the queues modules or not, I can’t say. But as long as you have all the unsupported modules loaded you are going to have a hard time figuring it out. I can tell you right off that your IVR problem you mentioned is a result of one of those contributed modules that is not a supported module as I debugged someones system several weeks ago and found that module was breaking IVR. The introduction of a module can insert hooks that find there way all over the place - you would be surprised - kind of like a water leak in your roof finds its way through the walls of your house to the most obscure places.

So remove all the unsupported modules as a starting point, Once done, feel free to open bug reports on issues you find without those loaded.

Hi Philippe,

You are right that’s also the reason why I decided not to spend anymore time there but to restore my backup. But I was not clear enough, that in my backup none of these unsupported modules were installed (although the module administrator does still mention them as “not installed, locally available”). So the last part of my message still stands (I think).


if the module is not installed, then it is as good as not there - it should be completely ignored by FreePBX so none of its hooks will break anything. If you are referring to the 'invalid argument in the foreach()" - that may very well be a bug, probably harmless as it usually results form an undefined or null array in a foreach - which should be initialized to an empty array - the net results are the same since php is quite forgiving, but it should still be fixed.

I do not have any unsupported modules installed yet I get the same error of

PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied foreach() in /var/www/html/admin/modules/queues/functions.inc.php on line 37
Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.

Well, supposedly all of my modules are up to date, so I am not sure what the problem is.


probably a bug - but update to rc1 and check to make sure it is still telling you that.

r5643 should fix it, not yet published.

That fixes it.