I need help with FreePBX 15

Hello,

I’m having a very odd problem. Sometimes I can receive calls inbound and place calls outbound. This only lasts for about 5-6 minutes and nothing after that. I know the setting are correct since I can make inbound and outbound calls but only for 5-6 minutes.

I’m currency using SIP protocol pjsip with VOIP.me.

New system? Or, new trunk on an otherwise working system? Or, it used to work and is now failing?

If the latter, what do you think may have caused the trouble (system update, new router firmware, new ISP, etc.)?

Is the failure related to the trunk (calls between extensions still work fine)?

When it stops working, what makes it work again (just waiting, Apply Config, restart Asterisk, reboot entire server, reboot network gear)?

When it’s not working, what do you hear on an outbound call? On an inbound call? What gets logged at VoIP.ms?

What kind of router/firewall are you using? Does router get a public IP address on its WAN interface? If not, why (using ISP-supplied gateway, ISP does NAT, etc.)?

Is this the only VoIP.ms trunk on the system? Are any other devices configured with the same sub-account?

New system? This is a new system.

If the latter, what do you think may have caused the trouble (system update, new router firmware, new ISP, etc.)? Unfortunately, I can’t pinpoint the problem. Sometimes it works after I reboot or if I make a change to the system.

Is the failure related to the trunk (calls between extensions still work fine)? Calls between extensions work fine so this is only related to the truck.

When it stops working, what makes it work again (just waiting, Apply Config, restart Asterisk, reboot entire server, reboot network gear)? All

When it’s not working, what do you hear on an outbound call? On an inbound call? What gets logged at VoIP.ms? Sometimes I get a number that’s not yet assigned for outbound. Inbound calls the number just rings.

What kind of router/firewall are you using? pfsense Does router get a public IP address on its WAN interface?Yes If not, why (using ISP-supplied gateway, ISP does NAT, etc.)?

Is this the only VoIP.ms trunk on the system? This is the only trunk. Are any other devices configured with the same sub-account? This is the only account in the sub-account.

In pfSense, are you forwarding UDP port 5060 to the PBX?

If you don’t plan to have any external extensions, you don’t need to (and security is better if you don’t), but in that case you need to set up 5060 as a Static Port, using Hybrid NAT.
https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/nat/outbound.html

When you have trouble, look at the list of banned IP addresses in fail2ban. Are any VoIP.ms addresses listed there?

If it is a registered trunk, there is no need for port forwarding.

… but if the trunk is using IP Authorization, you do need the port forwarding. It’s all about how you connect to your ITSP.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.