I need help please

hello, firstly sorry for my english .
I have a problem, i already installed asterisk 17.9 and I wanted to install Freepbx 15 so i follow a tutorial and when i type : ./install -n this message appear :

Error!
Error communicating with Asterisk. Ensure that Asterisk is properly installed and running as the asterisk user
Asterisk appears to be running as asterisk
Try starting Asterisk with the ‘./start_asterisk start’ command in this directory

what is the problem please i search in a lot of forums but this is not explained explicitly .

thanks for your time

You will have to more explicit on how you are installing FreePBX, there are many recipes in the Wiki for ‘rolling your own’ the ‘distro’ is relatively child-proof if it fits your needs.

thanks for the answer, i’l on ubuntu 20.04 , i already install asterisk 17.9 and i want to install freepbx 15 , this is the tutorial that i follow : antlantic .net/vps-hosting/how-to-install-asterisk-and-freepbx-on-ubuntu-20-04/

and when i am in the step : ./install -n the message arrived .

If that recipe doesn’t work, contact the guy who wrote it.

However there are recipes for Debian that work well available on the Wiki, likely they will work equally well on Debian derivatives like Ubuntu

As Dicko already mentioned, manual install is for experts. The official FreePBX distro is very easy to install.

Yes but this is not the same right ??

And I already install asterisk manually

it is the same thing… Please save yourself a lot of trouble and go here.

This is a full install of the linux OS, asterisk and FreePBX. This requires it’s own dedicated system. If you are a beginner this is where you should start.

1 Like

The base might be the same thing. However, at the time of writing this message, commercial modules are only supported in the official FreePBX Distro.

1 Like

good point… so it’s better :slight_smile:

if this is the same thing for what a lot of people do that (install manually) ?? and this is gonna change something ? beacause i do that for have a spoof caller id, so this is the same things ??

For a production system, I recommend installing the Distro which includes Asterisk 16.

If you want to run a more recent Asterisk e.g. for better codec negotiation capabilities, you should consider Asterisk 18, which will be supported much longer. Once you have FreePBX running, upgrading to 18 is easy. See https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+Versions .

The ability to send a number that’s not yours as caller ID is determined by your trunking provider. Some permit it, some don’t, some require signing a supplementary agreement. If supported by the provider, a specific Asterisk version is not required.

Thank you for answering me, if I understand correctly I can normally install asterisk and freepbx while having the same options as manual installation? For example, can I take asterisk 16 and freepbx 15? Would there be a tutorial please ?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Install+FreePBX

Hello , thanks for the answer I have a last question, I already install asterisk 17.9 on Ubuntu 20.04 but when I want to install freepbx15 I have a problem and nobody can help me so can I install freepbx 15 not manually ?

Cordially

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.