I just got for my new TDM400p with 4FXO don't know how to install it

I just got my TDM400P I physically installed on my server, runing asterisknow 1.5, freepbx version 2.5.1.1 and asterisk version 1.4.22.1, I tried different instructions but I could find zaptel on /usr/src so I went and got the tar version from digium, “wget http://downloads.digium.com/pub/zaptel/zaptel-1.4-current.tar.gz” and an unterred but still don’t find zaptel in /usr/src directory. Does Asterisknow install Zaptel? can I configure my card from Freepbx? or how do I do this please help, I’m new at this and I’m trying to build my server, thanks

I Installed Zaptel, and configure only 3 lines on my zaptel.conf the 2 nes tha came for default and the lastone fsks=1-4 for my 4 fxo modules, now my question is can I configure zapata.con from my freepbx software? or what to do from here, also does frrepbx software will show me in anyway that my card is installed?

as a beginer and no help, I researched and found that I don’t need zaptel, asterisknow comes with dahdi but still I don’t know how to configure or what to do se use my 4fxo card

tadpole, I am a beginner as well, but from my experience and countless hours spent trying to figure this out this is what I know:

in /etc/dahdi/system.conf you need to add the line:

fxsks=1-4

then in your /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf you can use the template code except change the channels from 1-2 to 1-4 since you have 4 fxo modules on your card. Do the same thing to /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

log onto your asterisk server via the web browser and add the dahdi trunks number them 1-4. Then add your incoming and outgoing call rules. When you plug a telephone line into your tdm400p and dial the correct prefix you should be able to make your calls and recieve them. I have not completely got my server configured, but I think I’m well on my way. I hope this helps you out.

Mark

This link shows commands available so that you can see whats going on with the cards.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DAHDI