I changed the call recording location to a SMB folder but no files are being created

Hi,
sorry i had previusly opened a thread but i went away and is now closed.
I connected to my SMB shared using fstab, the share is mounted to /mnt/recordings, i tested from terminal and i can create and delete files on the smb share from there.

But after changing the override call location to “/mnt/recordings” nothing is happening, no files are being created there, but there seem to be no errors as well.

On termical i checked using asrerisk -rvvv and no errors or warnings are show, whats more, i see mix monitor getting the correct folder.

-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:16] NoOp("SIP/", "Starting recording: in, ") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:17] Set("SIP/", "__CALLFILENAME=in--20190822-194611-1566503171.2845") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:18] MixMonitor("SIP/", "/mnt/recordings/2019/08/22/in-20190822-194611-1566503171.2845.wav,abi(LOCAL_MIXMON_ID),") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:19] Set("SIP/", "__MIXMON_ID=0x7f8810012240") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:20] Set("SIP/", "__RECORD_ID=SIP") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:21] Set("SIP/", "__REC_STATUS=RECORDING") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:22] Set("SIP/", "CDR(recordingfile)=in--20190822-194611-1566503171.2845.wav") in new stack
-- Executing [recordcheck@sub-record-check:23] Return("SIP/T", "") in new stack

then at the end

== End MixMonitor Recording SIP/

Does Asterisk have permission to write in that directory?

Can you post a complete log?

1 Like

That was it, while i did added permisions for asterisk to write in the /mnt/recording folder before mounting the share, i did not added “dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0666” to fstab, resulting in asterisk not having permision to write. Thanks.

BTW in case anyone wonders, creating a folder and mounting a share to it, if somehow the share is not avalible it does still write the recording in that folder but locally. So doing this and mounting share via fstab seems to be safe.
I did not noticed any issues from asterisk being unable to write to folder,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.