Hunt Groups with second POTS line

Running FreePBX version 13.0.197.14

I’ve been scratching my head on this one for a while now… We have 2 POTS lines, each with their own phone number, servicing our building. One of those lines is our primary number, and the other is our second line. It’s supposed to be setup to hunt from the provider. If we have a current call on the primary number, the second line will take the call. The problem is, none of or phones are ringing for the second call.

1. If we get a call on the primary number, our phones ring using the hunt group that we setup with our PBX system.
  2. If we get a call on the second number, our phones ring using the hunt group that we setup with our PBX system.
  3. If we answer a call from our primary number, and we call our primary number again, the call DOES NOT ring through to any of the phones.
  4. If we answer a call from our primary number, and we call our secondary number, the call DOES ring through to the phones, using the hunt group that we have setup with out PBX system.

When I look through the logfiles at scenario 3, I can see that the first call came into “DAHDI/1-1”. The second call also came into “DAHDI/1-1”.

When I look through the logfiles at scenario 4, I can see that the first call came into “DAHDI/1-1”. The second call came into “DAHDI/2-1”.

So, I’m lost. I don’t know if it’s something that we have setup incorrectly on our end, or if the lines aren’t hunting correctly from the phone provider.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

When I look through the logfiles at scenario 3, I can see that the first call came into “DAHDI/1-1”. The second call also came into “DAHDI/1-1”.

That all indicates that the telco hunting is not working, check with your provider

1 Like

Thanks. That’s what I was thinking, but I couldn’t wrap my head around a call coming into the same line that is currently being used.

Possibly you have call waiting service on the first line and the DAHDI driver was detecting the CW tones.

To be sure of what is happening, temporarily disconnect the PBX and connect two analog phones (or a two-line analog phone). With line 1 in use, call the line 1 number from your mobile and see whether line 2 rings. If not, call the telco to complain.

2 Likes

it indicates that the carrier has call waiting on line 1 this is nonsensical with a hunt group, call them

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.