Howto get Web Meetme 3 working with Freepbx 2.4?

I had meetme 3 working with Freepbx 2.3 prior to upgrading to 2.4 following these instructions :-

http://www.trixbox.org/wiki/web-meetme-3-trixbox-2-4

The problem is when I get to this bit :-

Add a misc. Applications.
In the Destination area below, select:
Custome App: and put in the following.
custom-meetme3,s,1

I dont appear to have a Custom App in the list now, is it somewhere else, or can someone suggest what I have to do now ?

Cheers
Rich

Aha found the Custom Destinations thang under Tools.

All works again now

I cannot seem to find this tools section you mention. Where is it?

depending on how you upgraded FreePBX, you may need to download the new customappsreg module. That is what lets you register custom destinations to use in your dialplan.

Got the same problem myself…the instructions on Trixbox don’t seem to match what I’m seeing in the latest release of Trixbox.

Any help? Maybe more ‘clear’ instructions?

John

I am having the same problem. I thought there would be some step by step instructions, but what I did find does not work. Can someone please help?

I found the fix -

in extensions.conf add this:

[custom-meetme3]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,n,Wait(3)
exten => s,n,CBMysql()
exten => s,n,Hangup

Next add a misc. destination under the tools menu in FreePBX
Click on tools, then find misc. destinations and click on it. In the Custom Destination field enter custom-meetme3,s,1
In the description you can enter what you like, I entered MeetMe
I left notes blank.
Click submit changes

Next go to the setup tab in FreePBX
Find and click on misc applications
Click on add misc application
In the description I entered MeetMe
in Feature code you can enter what you like, as long as it is not used by anything else, I entered 150
Feature status should be enabled
Under the destination section select Custom Applications:
And select the misc destination name you created above, in my case MeetMe
Click Submit Changes

I went to the asterisk CLI and did a reload

Now I dial 150 and all works great.

I just ran though the steps you posted and got as far as “Find and click on misc applications”.

I installed the Custom Applications module and was able to create the Custom Destination no prob. However, i was unable to find the “misc applications” menu item on the FreePBX menu as described in the previous post.

I am running a TrixBox with FreePBX 2.4 on it. Is there another module I need?

Thanks in advance…

Modifying FreePBX owned config files is not a good practice as it will get overwritten and you will loose your changes. The proper thing to do would be to put this code the extensions_custom.conf file where it really belongs. If you put it in that file it will not get overwritten in the future.

So, i poked around a bit more and realized that “Misc Applications” is a module that I hadn’t installed yet. So I did the following in my FreePBX 2.4:

1. Clicked PBX->PBX Settings
  2. Selected the Tools tab and clicked Module Admin (which is actually available in both the Tools and Setup tabs.
  3. Clicked the “Check for Updates Online” text at the top of the “Module Administration” window
  4. Scrolled to the “Internal Options & Configuration” section and clicked on the “Misc Applications” item…
    - this expanded an instance menu below the “Misc Application” selection
    - there are two options (No Action / Download and Install)
  5. Clicked the radio button next to “Download and Install”
  6. Scrolled to the bottom of the window and clicked the “Process” button.
  7. Acknownedged that I wanted to install
  8. Performed the Reload

Viola… the Misc Application option appeared under the PBX Setting Setup tab.

i try to add custom-meetme3,s,1 in the Dial Field but when i do the submit it return the error "Please enter a valid string"
If i add {custom-meetme3,s,1} it accept but create a wrong goto :

[ext-miscdests]
include => ext-miscdests-custom
exten => 1,1,Noop(MiscDest: meetmeDest)
exten => 1,n,Goto(from-internal,{custom-meetme3,s,1},1)

FreePbx 2.5.1

how i can write the dial string?

I cannot get this meetme3 to work. I have followed the instructions and able to create custom-meetme3 (destination and application), but when i dial the feature code number, it’s just giving me deadair/silence. CLI is reporting me nothing is wrong, although it appears that it is not hitting my mysql.

I would appreciate if someone can confirm or help me out. Thanks in advance.

trixbox1*CLI>
– Executing [9998@from-internal:1] NoOp(“SIP/6002-b7529df0”, “Running miscapp 2: ApplicationWebMeetme”) in new stack
– Executing [9998@from-internal:2] Goto(“SIP/6002-b7529df0”, “custom-meetme3|s|1”) in new stack
– Goto (custom-meetme3,s,1)
– Executing [s@custom-meetme3:1] Answer(“SIP/6002-b7529df0”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [s@custom-meetme3:2] Wait(“SIP/6002-b7529df0”, “3”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (custom-meetme3, s, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/6002-b7529df0’

After digging into the logfile /var/log/asterisk/full, I found out that I have an error –

WARNING[15720] pbx.c: No application ‘CBMysql’ for extension custom-meetme3, s, 3

Do you guys know how to fix this? My cbmysql admin/passwd is updated and mysql is working fine too.

finally i found solution… to my CBMySQL issue. This also fixed my meetme3 issues.

module unload app_cbmysql.so
core set verbose 10
core set debug 10
module load app_cbmysql.so

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2007-January/178703.html