How to test Automatic Page Group without schedule?

My polycom 601’s won’t auto-answer pages, so I’m playing with their config settings, but I have to constantly change the time on the scheduler and wait for it.

Is there a way to test the page-group without having to set the scheduler? If I just dial the page extension, it connects the calling extension and I don’t want to do that. I want the system to send the announcement to the destination.

I am trying to make bells play over the phone. Once I get it working then I can set the schedule.

It used to be working before (I have a thread here), but now it isn’t and I can’t figure out why. The phone always rings instead of answering.

I think I came up with something.
I gave this an extension and when I dial it from any phone, it causes the system to originate a call from the extension to the wav file.

It works! I dial the extension and the calling extension is not connected; but the call gets originated. This tests my paging configuration (which rings when it should auto-answer - it’s what I’m trying to fix). But now I don’t have to mess with the scheduler.

extensions_custom.conf:

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 3359,1,Macro(Extensionator,1)				;Test Extension Origination

[macro-Extensionator]
;Originate a call to a test extension
exten => s,1,NoOp(You asked me to Page 2532!)	
same => n,Answer 	
same => n,System(asterisk -rx "channel originate SIP/2532/n extension startofficebell@soundeffects")
same => n,Hangup()

[macro-Extensionator]
;Originate a call to a test extension
exten => s,1,NoOp(You asked me to Page 2532!)	
same => n,Answer 	
same => n,System(asterisk -rx "channel originate SIP/2532/n extension startofficebell@soundeffects")
same => n,Hangup()

[soundeffects]
exten => wakeupbell,1(wakeupbell),Answer()
same => n,Playback(custom/bells/daytimebell)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => angelusbell,1(angelusbell),Answer()
same => n,Playback(custom/bells/angelusbell)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => officebell,1(daytimebell),Answer()
same => n,Playback(custom/bells/daytimebell)
same => n,Hangup()

exten => startofficebell,1(startoffice),Answer()
same => n,Playback(custom/bells/startofficebell)
same => n,Hangup()

Now, to make it nifty, it would be nice to dial the extension to call the macro, and THEN dial the extension to test the call-origination upon instead of hardcoding the recipient.

Okay, well, it does originate the call, but it doesn’t intercom like a page does.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.