How to register trunk with provider

Hi, I ran into a problem where we occasionally lose registration with our provider.

1. What could be the problem? Where should I start troubleshooting?
  2. How / Where do I re-register? I tried doing fwconsole reload / restart but that doesn’t initiate the registration. And what’s even worse is even if I RESTART the system, it sill won’t register. The only way I can register is when I go into my trunk settings and change some settings and hit apply config, then it registers…

Thank you.

Look in the log files. Check “/var/log/asterisk/full” on the server.[quote=“kfkenshin, post:1, topic:42033”]
2. How / Where do I re-register? I tried doing fwconsole reload / restart but that doesn’t initiate the registration. And what’s even worse is even if I RESTART the system, it sill won’t register. The only way I can register is when I go into my trunk settings and change some settings and hit apply config, then it registers…
[/quote]

Nope - now you’re going to have to really explain what you mean.

What settings are you changing?

Hi, from Log file I see: chan_iax2.c: Peer ‘voiptrunk’ is now UNREACHABLE…

I’m sorry - you’re not even trying to get us to help you.

Unreachable means there is a network error. Without more information, we’d have to guess which of the dozens of things that might be. I’m not going to do that much work if you’re not willing to tell us what is happening.