How to re-register phone

I am running FreePBX 15 in my office, and I have a phone at home. Once in a while the phone loses connection to the server (maybe a power glitch or something else). It’s an AAstra phone, and I can reset the phone from it’s keyboard, but it will not register (message: No Service). I have to reboot the server, and then the phone registers again.
Why is that? How can I re-register the phone without having to take the whole system down?

2nd time you asked same question

Did you check Asterisk, Phone and Edge Firewall ( Your Office ) logs. ? You must see something on the logs. Without logs how we can guess your Phone Registration issue… ?
Pls try to add more logs and clues to make you suggestions.

Thanks

Shahin

I’ve seen this issue also with various handsets at my home in the past (following certain Internet outages I believe). It’s not something that’s happened often or recently, but it was definitely a thing when I was setting up some handsets from home last year & my Internet/router was having intermittent issues. At the time (& once Internet connectivity was restored), I could find nothing in logs except evidence of the endpoints going ‘Not Reachable’, with no apparent attempt to re-connect until a PBX reboot, then everything was fine again (which suggests to me that maybe the PBX firewall/Intrusion Detection had decided to block the connections following the connectivity issues, until the PBX reboot that is).

I didn’t spend enough time to get any further with it & so don’t have a solution I’m afraid (sorry).

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.