How to prevent an extention from making outside calls?

hi ,

as you know , for the outbound calls , we use a number such as 5 or 6 or 9 etc before we diall the number so as the call be trunked out.
example , if my number is 123456 i must be 9123456 to dial it outbound.

my request is that "i dont want all my extensions to be able to make an external calls, i want to limit some of them for only internal calls and permit for the others .

how to do that ???

another question, can i specify a specific outbound number for any extention , i mean that for extention A. if it want to call outbound it must put first 3
for extention B A if it want to call outbound it must put first 4
for extention c if it want to call outbound it must put first 3 etc…

is this solution possible ???

thansk alot

What if you enable PIN dialing so that the person must enter a PIN number to get an outside line? I’ve never tested this. Just thinking out loud.

1. You can make your outbound route for outside calls require the dialing of a prefix (i.e. *55921) and only tell authorized users what the prefix is.

2. You can use the PIN dialing option.

3. You can create a separate outbound route and use the Dial Pattern Caller ID feature (after the /) to forbid certain extensions from placing certain calls. But, you have to set this up individually for each extension and place the routes above your normal outbound routes.