How to make changes permanent without altering FreePBX-PHP files/templates!?

Hello community,
we came across some minor issue, that we would like to customize. It is about a voice prompt that is played when a user is enabling their call-forwarding. By default, it is playing the prompt “agent-newlocation”, however we want it to play a combination of “ent-target-attendant&then-press-pound”. As I was not able to find any way to change this prompt in the FreePBX UI, I ended up altering line 92 of the file /var/www/html/admin/modules/callforward/functions.inc.php . It now reads

$ext->add($id, $c, 'activate', new ext_read('toext', 'ent-target-attendant&then-press-pound'));

This is doing it’s job quite well, yet I am pretty sure that there must be a better, respectively, correct way to change this sort of definition. Modifying the core php scripts will require us to check this file after each update. On the other hand, FreePBX is now showing warnings concerning this tempered file.

Can anyone give me some advise on how to solve this?

Submit a feature request to make the activation prompt controlled by a setting in Advanced Settings.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.