How to leave a message in blind mode?

I need to place a call from extension or trunk to “something” that automatically answer and start recording with no announce.
Later, that recording have to be sorted by date or extension and played live or downloaded as a file.

An example method would be a virtual extension that automatically answers with forced recording , then recording is sorted by CDR , but it seems to me it is not possible.

Perhaps some sort of voicemail configuration ?

Any suggestion please ?

Set up a virtual extension with voicemail, and set the voicemail up so that it just beeps (no announcement). Couldn’t be simpler.

1 Like

More what the OP asked for, a file that is sortable by extension-calling and time, in /etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf add

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 9999,1,Answer
exten => 9999,n,Record(/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${CALLERID(num)}-${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y%m%d%H%M%S)}.wav,,,k)
exten => 9999,n,Hangup

then

rasterisk -x ‘dialplan reload’

1 Like

Thank you for answers,
Direct voicemail works fine

The best sorting options would be CDR , as you can refine your search (by date, time, CID etc.) and an icon allow you to listen or download file.
UCP also allow this but I cannot search among a moltitude of recordings.
I would be willing to buy a CallRecordingReport commercial module if a set of “auto answering with force recording” virtual extensions would possible:

main goal is receive many “reminder” calls originated by a remote machine from a trunk and record them.

Dicko,
Just tried your good solution (no VM or other needs)
I’m not expert in code, is it possible to name the recording, writing (if not existent) the date folder tree ?
i.e. write actual recording as:

YEAR(folder)–MONTH(folder)–DAY(folder)–CID(folder)–actualtime.wav

regular per-extension recording already does it … (except CID folder)

[from-internal-custom]
exten => 9999,1,Answer
exten => 9999,n,System(mkdir -p /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y/%m/%d/${CALLERID(num)})})
exten => 9999,n,Record(/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%Y/%m/%d/${CALLERID(num)})}/${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},,%H:%M)}.wav,,,k)
exten => 9999,n,Hangup

That works perfectly !!!

Thank you very much !

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.