How to impliment Call Monitoring?

Greetings,

Here are my current versions. I know they are old. As a beginner to VOIP,
I am trying to get familiar with the system before making any changes. At some point, once I work out as many of the issues I am having as I can, I will get up the nerve to do an update. Look for a future post coming to a forum near you soon.

This is a production system (about 30 extensions) and I can’t afford to
have it crash on me without having the knowledge to repair it. It has one
incoming T1.

We have a new sales manager that would like to monitor some of the sales people as they make calls to prospective clients. I have searched through the forum and seen several references to call monitoring but have found nothing conclusive. I looked through the freepbx menus as well and can’t seem to find where this is set up. I trust that becasue there ARE some threads about it, that it can be done.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks

Paul…

Trixbox version Version: 1.2.3
Kernel Version 2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp (SMP)
Distro Name CentOS release 4.4 (Final)
Created by phpSysInfo-2.5.2_rc2

Hardware Information
Processors 2
Model Pentium III (Katmai)
CPU Speed 547.41 MHz
Cache Size 512 KB
System Bogomips 2189.87

Version
Asterisk 1.2.12.1 built by root @ localhost.localdomain on a i686 running

Linux on 2006-10-18 18:35:57 UTC
Verbosity is at least 1

FreePBX 2.3.1.1 on 10.0.0.5

There is a tool called Zap Barge that will let you listen to a conversation on a Zap channel. On my machine, I dial 888 to activate it.

I have written a Desktop application that may help you out. Its called ASTassistant and its freeware. You can download it here.

http://www.astassistant.com

-Scott

Inst Zap Barge to Barge the Call

I Dial 555 to Chanspy.

Check your feature codes to see if it is enabled.

you then use * to change extension

People have witten custom versions of this where you enter a pin and the extention to listen to, but if you dont want to change anything then i’d just stick with the standard config.

Hope this helps

Dan