How to get my sangoma card to work

I have been testing out the latest stable FreePBX distro and initially it seemed to be working fine. However, I’m not quite sure what I need to do to get my Sangoma A200 card to start working with it. At this time, I cannot make any outgoing calls and incoming calls aren’t being picked up, making it pretty much useless at this point. I downloaded and installed the current wanpipe software, along with some additional development libraries that it needed (ncurses-devel, libtermcap-devel, bison, and flex). But, it did not seem to want to work. Does anyone have any idea about how I can get this operational?

Regards,

Stephen

Stephen,
Did you install the rpm for our yum repository for wanpipe or are you trying to compile wanpipe yourself?

Well, I guess you could say I compiled it myself. It’s how we had done it previously. I had not really thought, though, that it could be installed via yum. I’ll give that a quick try and get back to you.

Regards,

Stephen

No such luck. It seemed like it would work, but then I received the following error

Error unpacking rpm package wanpipe-3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.194.17.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0.i386
error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/include/wanpipe/oct6100_api: cpio: rename

Failed:
wanpipe.i386 0:3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.194.17.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0

I might assume that this error comes from a conflict since I already installed it myself, but I can’t say for sure unless I go do it all again. Suggestions?

Can you confirm your kernel version and dahdi version for me?

WANPIPE Release: 3.4.9
dahdi: Version: 2.5.0

The kernel version can be viewed by doing uname -r without the backticks in your ssh session. The reason for this is I want to make sure your getting the correct wanpipe package.

2.6.18-274.3.1.el5

Ok looks like your trying to grab the wrong package then what you need. The correct package should be:

wanpipe-3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.274.3.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0

If your having issues grabbing this from YUM, you can do the following:

rpm -ivh http://yum1.freepbxdistro.org/pbx/1.86.210.57/i386/RPMS/sangoma/wanpipe/wanpipe-3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.274.3.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0.i686.rpm

And let me know if that works for you or not as I’d be interested if your yum repo file is pointing to older repos then what they should be.

That’s failing on me, too. I get:

Retrieving http://yum1.freepbxdistro.org/pbx/1.86.210.57/i386/RPMS/sangoma/wanpipe/wanpipe-3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.274.3.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0.i686.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
kernel-i686 = 2.6.18-274.3.1.el5 is needed by wanpipe-3.5.22-kernel.2.6.18.274.3.1.el5.dahdi.2.5.0.i686

Should it be i386? Not i686? But I guess that’s the only file they have.

what version of the Distro are you using. As that kernel you are showing you have is only for the Beta Distro. Not sure how you got a different kernel

Ok well someone how must of installed your own kernel when trying to do something as that is not he kernel we use for that Distro.

At this point I suggest doing a re-install.

I actually did a reinstall yesterday. But,I think I know why I pulled that kernel version. I had two putty sessions open, one with FreePBX and the other with PIAF. I must have been distracted. This is the kernel version I have, now:

2.6.18-194.17.1.el5

I have been able to make some progress, it seems. After the install I did a yum install wanpipe, then setup-sangoma and restarted the machine. But now, when I try to make outgoing calls, I don’t don’t hear it ringing and eventually I get “If you would like to make a call, please hangup and try again.”

And, I also have another problem.

Symlink from modules failed

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf from dahdiconfig/etc
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 4 seconds ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

I’m currently searching forums for a solution.

Figured out the symlink problem. It was the Dahdi Config module. I just disabled it.

We do not support that dahdi module for FreePBX that Digium built. It will break your sangoma cards everytime. Remove that module

I removed it, but the problem of dialing out persists. When I dial in, it can be answered, but I cannot hear anything on the phone I called with.

Why would I get this message when Dahdi starts?

WARNING: /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf line 4: ignoring bad line starting with ‘options’

The line being referred to contains

options wctdm24xxp

Understanding that this line is autogenerated by FreePBX, why would it be bad?

That error is because of the dahdi config module.