How to get FTP access to sound files

I’m moving a Trixbox system over to FreePBX. For the most part I have re-keyed all my settings rather than try to port them over in an effort to avoid anything breaking due to the different systems.

I have it pretty much put together now and I’d like to transfer several sound files, including my users voice mail greetings etc.

I can FTP into my old trixbox with no problem however I can’t seem to get into the FreeBPX system. It comes back with access denied messages when I try to connect to port 22 via FTP. I’ve tried using root level passwords as well as admin user name and passwords. Nothing. It’s FreePBX 2.9.0.7.

How do I get FTP access to the machine?

You can ftp from the FreePBX box to the Trixbox system and get the files.

Jerry - I would use SCP WinSCP

Hi Scott, I guess I’m looking for something more basic than that. I can’t connect to the FreePBX box at all with WinSCP. I must have the login information incorrect OR there’s not ftp server running on the box to connect to? I used the EasyInstall Distro from the FreePBX site.

Well I’m not sure what happened but I just tried it again and I connected just fine. The only thing I did differently, and this may be why it worked, is that I defined the directory that I wanted to connect to instead of just accepting the default. I set WinSCP to connect to directory /var/lib/asterisk and tried to log in again and it connected instantly.
Thanks!

Jerry

WinSCP uses SCP, which is part of SSH if I’m not mistaken.

That is correct and it has a nice old school Norton Commander type interface.

The only downside is editing files. It seems to do a fine job of hosing CSV’s and XML files. I never use the edit function. I have not delved into it but if you could plug in notepad ++ or something that might work.

Options > Preferences > Editors.

Add:

. Notepad++

Move to top.

Life == easy.

I knew there had to be a way to do it. Thanks for the instructions.