How to fault find Audio

Our system sometimes loses outbound audio mid call then it comes back, this is not on every call it could be days or weeks inbetween. just wondering on a starting point to fault find.

See if you have ping drops

The audio packets sent and received can be watched from the asterisk CLI with

rtp set debug on

( you can be more selective with the “on”, just 'tab complete ’ rtp set debug (tab))

dicko Thanks tried that and not had a call drop the audio since i posted, but took 5 attempts to get the log on page in a browser kept getting

This site can’t be reached

192.168.2.99 refused to connect.
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Think it’s time to have a rebuild with a new MB, current one is Supermicro X7SPA-hf with the onboard Intel 82574L NICs but the first supermicro MB we couldn’t even get things loaded.

Can you log in via SSH? Check your disk space

Make sure it’s compatible, they have a trashy website, but CS should be able to guide you to a supported/compatible MB list.
Same goes to RAM, HDDs and SSDs.

[root@localhost ~]# free -m
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 1892 1777 115 0 123 854
-/+ buffers/cache: 799 1092
Swap: 1023 104 919

Seams we are low

This is your memory…

Run df -h

Getting

No such command ‘Run df-h’ (type ‘core show help Run df-h’ for other possible commands)

Think its a rebuild with the latest distro, currently 10.13.66-22

Don’t run “Ron df -h”, run “df -h”

Without the quotes… :wink:

its me rushing things

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/md2 54G 23G 28G 45% /
tmpfs 947M 0 947M 0% /dev/shm
/dev/md0 283M 51M 217M 19% /boot

Do you have any firewall rules? Perhaps you got banned?

Given the flakiness and unpredictably, my first inclination would be to install sysstat and next time it happens see if sar caught any overload of cpu ,memory or bandwidth as a precursor

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.