How to extensions_additional.conf & extensions_custom.conf

Hello.

My extensions_additional.conf contains the following:

;extensions_additional.conf
[ext-miscdests]
include => ext-miscdests-custom
exten => 1,1,Noop(MiscDest: mark-cell)
exten => 1,n,Goto(from-internal,7191212,1)

; end of [ext-miscdests]
;
;
;
;
;
I need it to call a Shell Script which will send a SMS text message to [email protected]
;
;
;
;
So I did this, and it works, but gets overwritting by FreePBX:
;
;extensions_additional.conf
[ext-miscdests]
include => ext-miscdests-custom
exten => 1,n,System(/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/processCallEmail.sh "[email protected]" “${CALLERID(num)}” “${CALLERID(name) }” “${DIALSTATUS}”)
exten => 1,n,Goto(from-internal,7191212,1)

; end of [ext-miscdests]
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
So I added the following to extensions_custom.conf and I can’t get it to work.

;extensions_custom.conf
[ext-miscdests-custom]
exten => 1,n,System(/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/processCallEmail.sh "[email protected]" “${CALLERID(num)}” “${CALLERID(name) }” “${DIALSTATUS}”)
;
;
;
What is the proper way to do this?
;
;
Thanks.

Mark A. Shearer
Concerto Networks of Indianapolis

Anyone know the proper way to use extensions_custom.conf with the example shown above?

Thanks.

Mark A. Shearer
Concerto Networks of Indianapolis

Mark,
when you start a new context you needto start counting at 1 so make the line:
exten => 1,1,System(/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/processCallEmail.sh "[email protected]" “${CALLERID(num)}” “${CALLERID(name) }” “${DIALSTATUS}”)

and it should work.

You could also do
exten => 1,1,Noop(MiscDest-custom: page mark-cell)

But the asterisk context processor is looking for the first line and you didn’t have one but did have a next line which will get executed after the first one is found.

Thanks fskrotzki,

I configured it per your recommendation and it will not work, the [ext-miscdests-custom] context is never executed.

I’m assuming this is a FreePBX limitation.

Mark

it is not a Freepbx limitation, it is a lack of understanding of how Asterisk processes extensions and whether or not it reads the included context. If you are trying to do something custom, just create your own custom context to do it, then register the context in the customapps module (assuming 2.4), and then use it as a destination where ever you need it. (creating a misc apps if necessary).

Philippe, Thanks for the response.

I’m running FreePBX 2.4. Do I enter the custom context into extensions_custom.conf ? And How do I register the context in the customapps module?

;extensions_custom.conf
[custom-app-1]
exten => 1,n,System(/bin/email.sh "[email protected]" “${CALLERID(num)}” “${CALLERID(name) }”)
exten => 1,n,Goto(from-internal,13179995512,1)

Thanks,

Mark

Anyone know how to setup Custom Destinations, from the Tools Tab?

Thanks,

Mark

icdoctor,

Please don’t hijack a thread about one thing with another question (even if it is one of yours). Only the initial posters question shows up on the recent posts listing and then only people who are interested in “How to extensions_additional.conf & extensions_custom.conf” either be cause the have a issue or are trying to help will answer versus getting those who now know something about “custom destinations”.

Thanks

P.S. it also allows those searching later to find your qustion and answer under a proper subject heading down the road if they go looking for this information.

Hi All,

Recording sometimes don’t align or sync (i.e Recorded conversations of Customers and Agents (connected with a queue) does not follow smoothly on the same recorded file.
e.g Agent says “Hello” before customer say “Hi”, Agent would have said “How are you”, and so on like that. But all conversation recorded in the same file, but get mixed up. A times, the recording might be that, agent talking and customer talking at the same time on the same recorded file.

I have studied it closely and found that, it doesn’t happen when listening to the calls in Realtime or live calls, but happened with recorded calls. Again, not all recorded calls, some are OK, but so many doesn’t sync as explained.

I use Asterisk-1.18.0 and FreePBX-2.4.0 with Sangoma Quad T1/E1 card with Echo cancellation on board.

Any help with this issue will be highly appreciated.

Cheers to all.

Hi

I can explainhow it happens, but not why in your case, but may help to diagnose your problems

Asterisk records the audio stream of each channel, e.g. the caller and the callee separately. At the end of the call, the 2 or more recordings are are combined together into one file.

It sounds like something is getting out of sync.

Joe