How to edit files in /var/lib/asterisk/phoneprov?

Hello,
Is there a way to upload/download files to/from /var/lib/asterisk/phoneprov directory using FreePBX 15 GUI ?
Best regards

Hi, I don’t think there is a way to modify that directory or its contents through the GUI. But typically, you shouldn’t have to. What is it you’re trying to achieve? You may be able to find what you need through the EndPoint Manager module, and maybe its Basefile Editor.

Hi,
I’m studying if phoneprov can be used with FreePBX as a convenient way to use non-EPM supported phones.
Basically, phoneprov requires editing two config files (/etc/asterisk/users.conf and /etc/asterisk/phoneprov.conf ) and copying files to/from /var/lib/asterisk/phoneprov directory.

My question strictly focused on copying to/from /var/lib/asterisk/phoneprov directory.

Use a ftp-client like Filezilla and a linux-compatible editor, like Proton or Smultron.
If the files are used by freePBX, you might break things…or your changes might get overwritten.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.