How to disable Framebuffer in Freepbx 5.2.11

Hello
Can anyone please help?? I am having a hard time with a Digium TE133 T1 card configured in Freepbx. I just installed the system and configured everything through the web interface, everything seems right, I can make and receive calls except that there is a lot of static on the calls. I notice this on the logs as well.

[2014-05-13 20:37:41] NOTICE[14914]: chan_dahdi.c:3323 my_handle_dchan_exception: PRI got event: HDLC Bad FCS (8) on D-channel of span 1

Looking for support in Digium they recommedn to disable the Linux Framebuffer as It can cause these type of problems with the cards. They recommend to modify /boot/grub/menu.lst. However I am not sure how to do that. The examples thay give don´t match with what there is on this file

grub.conf generated by anaconda

Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making changes to this file

NOTICE: You have a /boot partition. This means that

all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.

root (hd0,0)

kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/md2

initrd /initrd-[generic-]version.img

#boot=/dev/sda
default=1
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
#hiddenmenu
title Schmooze (2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64)
root (hd0,0)
kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64 ro root=UUID=eec6d96c-d45b-4689-a649-4793b194a5ff rd_NO_LUKS KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rd_MD_UUID=2b2810db:1a7fb865:d88ed98f:0be31d5b LANG=en_US.UTF-8 rd_MD_UUID=e2bfd30b:c27e7337:892d0208:d06359c3 SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 crashkernel=auto rd_NO_LVM rd_NO_DM rhgb quiet
initrd /initramfs-2.6.32-431.el6.x86_64.img

I assume that putting default=0 instead of 1 would disable it but I am not sure. My system is already in production and I don’t want to crash it.

Here is my system.conf
span=1,1,0,ESF,B8ZS
bchan=1-23
dchan=24
fxoks=25-28
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

Here is my chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]
language=en
busydetect=yes
busycount=10
usecallerid=yes
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
immediate=no
faxdetect=no
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

; for user additions not provided by module
#include chan_dahdi_channels_custom.conf

; include dahdi groups defined by DAHDI module of FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_groups.conf

; include dahdi extensions defined in FreePBX
#include chan_dahdi_additional.conf

here is my chan_dahdi_groups.conf

; [span_1]
signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=national
pridialplan=national
prilocaldialplan=national
group=0
context=from-digital
channel=1-23

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>25

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>26

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>27

signalling=fxo_ks
context=from-analog
group=0
channel=>28

Thnaks a lot

Don’t assume it would be the old ass-u-me her

default=1

means boot, the second kernel (it is 0 based), you don’t have one, how did you get to this state?

remove rhgb to not use a graphical grub thingy.

(but I thing the framebuffer thingy is not really good advice, more generally check your interrupts for shared usage:-

cat /proc/interrupts

your ISDN card should not be sharing one)

Thnak you for your advice

http://kb.digium.com/articles/FAQ/How-to-disable-the-Linux-frame-buffer-if-it-s-causing-problems

This the post I read but I didnt see anyhting similr on the file. I checked interrupts and this is what I have. I can see the TE133 driver on the list but I really dont know how to adjust that. Can you please give me an insight?? I will look for posts on the web for this.

Thanks

watch -n 1 -d cat /proc/interrupts

will show your interrupt count per second and should be increments of 1024 (give or take)

the furthest right column will identify the hardware using the interrupt id’d in the first column , it the last column with your hardware (wct4xxp for example with another digium card) has a comma limited list then it is interrupt sharing and should no be, it might or might not be a frame-buffer device, if no comma and a regular increment of 1024 per second your problem lies elsewhere.

Hi

Ther is no comma limited list and no interrupt sharing. However I can see the T1 card sharing IRQs with other devices, would that still be a problem. Please see below.

http://pastebin.com/XGEwUL3i

No they are remapped to separe irq’s 76 for the T1 22 and 23 for the USB things

notice

76: 74762884 0 0 0 IR-PCI-MSI-edge wcte13xp0
77: 74763451 0 0 0 IR-PCI-MSI-edge wcaxx0

which I think is a digium fxs device, note that after 20.23 hours (presumably a reboot) they disagree by only a few ticks.

Your problem lies elsewhere.