How to Create an Inbound Route with Multiple Extensions

I don2 want to dissuade you but the basic concepts seem to elude you. I alzo don’t understand why gender is relevant.

Don’t know what type of phones you have but you need to configure your dhcp server to send the boot server address to the phone so it can download the config.

what is doing dhcp on your network? You dont need the commeercial epm if you cant get the basic one to work.

You can also config phone by hand.

THere are tons of youutube videos on this.

Do You know networking and basic IT stuff? If you are trying to o learn this in a vacuum no wonder you are lost.

There are a few different variations of FreePBX, and some of them come pre-configured with commonly used stuff right out of the box. It sounds like you should start with PBX-In-A-Flash, which includes the FreePBX management system, along with a bunch of other convenient stuff. There is a highly-recommended guide called PIAF Without Tears that has step-by-step instructions for getting started. The questions that you’re asking require multi-page answers, and this guide has ALL of those answers!

http://www.slideshare.net/Catharine24/piaf-without-tears

FreePBX has our own distro too of course!

Hi, i have 3 inbound routes and i created 2 ring groups and an IVR.
I got all set but the problem is that when a call enters on any of the routes always rings the assigned ring group to the 1st inbound route, well actually when a call enters, rings on the inbound route that i leave the options “any DID / any CID” in blank. My inbound routes are like this:

280xxx
any DID / 280xxx

281xxx
any DID / 281xxx

9900xxxxx
any DID / any CID

Any explanation for that? why it happens? by the way, my distro realese is FreePBX 2.8.1.4

Thanks beforehand!

Check your logs and make sure you are actually receiving the caller ID you have set up.
before you set up an inbound route with pattern matching, you neet to make sure exactly what you are receiving.

Well i dont set up any patter matching when i create the dahdi trunks, neither in the inbound routes. I have to? when you talk about the caller ID you mean de CID in the inbound routes right?
When i create the 1st inbound route, i put in the description of the inbound route the number of the phone line that it going to work with it and it defined in zap channels too and match with the name of the dahdi trunk. Its like this:

General Settings
Trunk Name: 990059188
Outbound Caller ID: 990059188
CID Options: Allow any CID
Maximum Channels: 1

Outgoing Settings
DAHDI Identifier: 1
The rest by default--------------------------------------------------
In the inbound route corresponding to the trunk 990059188 i fill only the DESCRIPTION with 990059188 and the SET DESTINATION with a ring group.
When i do the same for the second phone line in the trunk its exactly the same but when i get to the inbound route and i fill only the description and the set destination, i get a message that tells me that the route for this CID / DID already exist so i put in the CID the same thing of the description that comes to be the number of the phone line and all works ok, i can recibe calls for the three lines, but always ring in the set destination for the inbound route with no CID / DID.
I hope you understand me better and could help me with this.

But don’t you just set up a ring group with all the extensions listed and then point the inbound route to that ring group, then all the extensions listed will get the call.

Yes, but all the inbound routes rings to the same ring group and not what are set up. Always rings on the defined inbound route with no CID / DID like the example before.

You have it set up to match the caller ID of the calling number. Any caller whose number begins with would be sent to to the first ring group, any caller whose number begins with 281 goes to the second ring group, while everybody else goes to the third ring group.

You have to set up pattern matching in the inbound routes. CID is the telephone number of the caller, DID is the number the caller calls to reach you.

BF

So how should define the matching pattern in the CID to be any number the caller?

Leave it blank.

You may find the module documentation in the wiki useful.

in blank? its ok when i have only one trunk but if i have 3 trunks how can i define one route for each trunk? if i create the first route and leave it in blank (thing I’ve done) , the second and third have no purpose because always going to enter in what a have set in the 1st route.

What kind of trunks are you using? Are the trunks delivering DID info?

BF

When i put the line number corresponding to the phone line in the CID of the inbound route, is not entering the call. I check the asterisk log files, and it looks like there is not sending the CID so its not recognize the number for the line, basicly is not sending any information to match.

This is some part of what show me:
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:25] VERBOSE[13649] sig_analog.c: – Starting simple switch on ‘DAHDI/3-1’[/color]
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:26] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:1] NoOp(“DAHDI/3-1”, “No DID or CID Match”) in new stack[/color]
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:26] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:2] Answer(“DAHDI/3-1”, “”) in new stack[/color]
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:26] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:3] Wait(“DAHDI/3-1”, “2”) in new stack[/color]
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:28] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:4] Playback(“DAHDI/3-1”, “ss-noservice”) in new stack[/color]
[Sep 4 20:07:28] WARNING[13649] file.c: File ss-noservice does not exist in any format
[Sep 4 20:07:28] WARNING[13649] file.c: Unable to open ss-noservice (format 0x4 (ulaw)): No such file or directory
[Sep 4 20:07:28] WARNING[13649] app_playback.c: ast_streamfile failed on DAHDI/3-1 for ss-noservice
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:28] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:5] SayAlpha(“DAHDI/3-1”, “”) in new stack[/color]
[color=#000000; font-family: ‘Courier New’, Courier, monospace; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal][Sep 4 20:07:28] VERBOSE[13649] pbx.c: – Executing [s@from-pstn:6] Hangup(“DAHDI/3-1”, “”) in new stack[/color]

The trunks are regular phone lines from movistar (Telefonica). I got a card with 8 ports (4 fxo and 4 fxs). It looks like the phone lines are not delivering DID info.

Please understand the difference between CID and DID, if you haave analog dahdi trunks, there is no DID presented, it is intrinsic on the line being called.use the dahdi pseudo-did mechanism to allow FreePBX to route the call, Please also find out a way to post your logs without the terminal specific bs. maybe use ssh?

Ok…now i think we can make some progress.

You’ve got Plain Old Telephone System or POTS lines. POTS lines dont have DIDS.
You have to use the Zap Channel DID module to assign DIDs to each of your incoming trunks.
There are three settings you have to enter: the channel number, a descriptive name, and the DID you whish to assign
to that channel. It can be any number you want, but make sure it doesn’t conflict with any of your extension numbers, but i’d make the at least 5 digits long.

Once you have that set up, you can use them to set up routes in the Incoming Routes module.

BF

I already have done that. In Zap channels DID i put the channel identifier of the trunk connected (the port) a description and the “DID”. In the DID i put the number of the line to avoid confuse. So i went to the inbound route and create one with the number i put in zap channels DIDs and here is were i have trouble.
It has something to do that I have created trunks as dahdi? and no like ZAP with compatibility?

Have you made the context of your trunks “from-dahdi” as the screen tells you to do?

And you’re putting it in the DID field and leaving CID blank?