[HOW TO] create a Simple IVR for a given timespace

I want to create a simple IVR in combination with a FritzBox 7590.
My problem is, that i cannot even call the FreePBX to listen to a Demo IVR. What exactly do i need for this? Is this even possible?

A registered endpoint would allow you to call an IVR on the FreePBX box.

Typing Fritzbox in the forum search returns:

Which Endpoint do you mean exactly?
I just want a IVR which i can turn on between 4pm and 7am. Its sounds so easy but the freePBX is a bit overkill for my understanding.
Thanks for the quick answer.

If you really ā€œjust want to create the IVRā€. the steps are well documented in the Wiki. Hereā€™s a summary"

• Create a Time condition. I prefer positive ones that donā€™t cross day boundaries, so create one for ā€˜go to phoneā€™ or whatever you do during the day.
  • Record your IVR announcement. Write it first and cover all of the options, you want to add. (1 for whatever, 2 for whatever. dial the extension, etc.)
  • Set up the IVR in the IVR menu.
  • Point the ā€œnot during the periodā€ leg of the time condition at your IVR.

Youā€™re done. Itā€™s all right there on the screen, but if you are still having problems, let us know.

BTW: IVR means ā€œInteractive Voice Responseā€ so when we say IVR, we mean something where you press ā€˜1ā€™ for sales, etc. If you actually want a simple announcement followed by a hang-up or straight to voicemail, those are different than an IVR and are implemented other ways.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.