How to apply Time Condition to Extension for internal call?

We make Time Group and Time Condition for our users.
When user type *271, they can hear “Time Activated”.
But when we call an external call from extension to extension, it seems not to apply.
Could you help on this?

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but Time conditions apply to external calls incoming to your freepbx server, not to internal calls or outgoing calls.

Hi arielgrin,
Thanks for your reply. I want to achieve as follows:
1.Setup time condition: “Working Hours” and “Off Work Hours”
2.Make an internal call:
If in working hours: the call will go to IVR
If in Off Work Hours: the call will go to mobile phone
Is that clear?
Do you mean the Time Condition module ONLY working on inboud calls?
Thanks,

Indeed time conditions work for inbound calls.

I don’t understand the use case to send an internal call to a time condition, but in case you want that, you can create a misc destination and send it to a time condition.

Hi @genscript,

You can create a misc app instead messing with the custom destinations. It will be simpler to create a misc app with a feature code of *2271 for example and send it to the time condition rule that you created before.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

@danielf @arielgrin
Thanks all. It works with misc app.
So i couldn’t use time condition on extension with internal call? Time condition only apply on Inbound route calls?
Am i right?

You can pass the call through a time condition the same way you can pass a call through the time condition selector the same way to can lots of other features. The problem is getting the call to the point where you can call the code. An internal call doesn’t pass through anything that looks like a “Set Caller ID” (for example) so getting control over the call to do that is the challenge.

To make this happen, you’d have to mess around with how the system handles internal calls and route them through (for example) a loopback interface and then into an incoming route. It’s a LOT of work to get to that point, and it would end up being an “all or nothing” approach to local call handling.

Hi @genscript,

You can use the misc app feature code anywhere in the pbx (inbound or outbound calls). You just need to dial the feature code of your misc app. If you want to enable the time condition on your extension, I would set a follow me to a virtual extension that would call to the misc app.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

@cynjut, @danielf
Thanks.
It works with misc app.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.