How set serial console for FreePBX 14 on linode

Hello!
I am stop on step “Configure Grub for Lish Access” from linode tutorial. The solution with edit file /etc/default/grub:
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="console=ttyS0,19200n8"
GRUB_TERMINAL=serial
GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND=“serial --speed=19200 --unit=0 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1”

and “grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg” Is not worked((( How fix this?

Is there a reason you are trying to spawn a tty to lish? Unless you are using LUKS for FDE, there really is little point. It sound like you may be trying to fix something that you don’t actually need.

I have had FreePBX 13 running on Linode for months and only needed glish (not lish) during the initial installation. Once the FreePBX distro installation completed, access via SSH or the HTTPS GUI have worked just fine.

If for some reason you really did require console access, you can always launch a glish session to connect to the default tty using VNC.

Hello!
For me in glish i can not use copy-past.

I found solution for 14 Freepbx:

Edit “/etc/sysconfig/grub”
GRUB_TIMEOUT=10
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="console=ttyS0,19200n8"
GRUB_TERMINAL=serial
GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND=“serial --speed=19200 --unit=0 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1”

Then in console:

stty -F /dev/ttyS0 speed 19200
grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg
systemctl start getty@ttyS0

1 Like

I could not copy/paste in glish either. I just worked around that by updating anything I would have liked to have pasted using ssh after the installation.

I am glad to see you found a working method. Thanks for sharing it back to the thread.