How feasible is FreePBX for enterprise?

Howdy! And welcome back, it is only getting better! Full Enterprise feasible, yes!

There are many options coming on to the market…

I’ve recently released under CC0 the Already Be Conferencing option, a dial plan solution configured originally for easier conference calling in Asterisk, but adapted into something more that tries to help with these two specific issues, in particular (rural area and e911). With proper configuration, ABC can fulfill some of the new dispatchable location requirements per Ray Baum’s Act that go in to effect starting next year on all PBX systems, as well as the call placement notification requirements per Kari’s Law that are going in to effect this month on only new systems.

…REMOVED SECTION

Please see more discussion on early ABC in this thread - much improvement in latest/current version 16e - and more updates pending release soon… I will post about it there separately…

Fun times we live in! The good news is that you found this FreePBX forum. And I hope you see the community here is quite vibrant, with significant depth of knowledge across many sub-topics within FreePBX, Asterisk, and VoiP more generally. I recommend the advanced search feature magnifying glass in the upper-right corner, beats gurgle every time, showing good results with content contributed from the C-Level on up :cowboy_hat_face:

IANAL but if OP is in USA, I generally agree, and OP and others are right to be concerned.

Although, I think the case law to back up what Congress and the FCC just mandarin’ed is still TBD. Assuming no change in rule or law; or successful legal challenges against section 506 of Ray Baum’s Act on 4th Amendment right-to-be-left-alone privacy arguments, or lack of federal government jurisdiction over on-prem/edge computing MLTS/PBXes that only minimally serve “dial tone” to users within a single State of the Union and are never originating calls from users in other States, etc.; otherwise without changes, I believe it will not be illegal until January 6th, 2021, to install - or even operate - a PBX that does not automatically transmit dispatchable location information with your emergency calls. But again, I AM NOT A LAWYER.