How do you send re-INVITE on call hold?

How do I get FreePBX to send a re-INVITE when placing a call on hold?

Handset puts call on hold and sends re-INVITE > FreePBX > re-INVITE sent to provider.

This is only possible with PJSIP, and requires setting the “moh_passthrough” option to “yes” on the endpoint for the provider.

1 Like

Where would the endpoint settings be found for the provider? On the trunk settings?

I don’t speak FreePBX, only Asterisk. Someone else may be able to answer how to set it.

How would I set it on Asterisk please? It might point me in the right direction.

I already stated it in Asterisk configuration language. You set the “moh_passthrough” option to “yes” on the endpoint for the provider.

moh_passthrough is not currently a GUI option for PJSIP trunks.

You can enable it manually by editing the file /etc/asterisk/pjsip.endpoint_custom_post.conf with content like this:

[fpbx-1-trunkname](+type=endpoint)
moh_passthrough=true

The context name in the square brackets must match exactly what is written in /etc/asterisk/pjsip.endpoint.conf

Reload the dialplan and test from bash with:

# asterisk -x "pjsip show endpoint fpbx-1-trunkname"  | grep moh_passthrough
 moh_passthrough                    : false

<edit and reload>

# asterisk -x "pjsip show endpoint fpbx-1-trunkname"  | grep moh_passthrough
 moh_passthrough                    : true
1 Like

I had to apply it to anonymous for now to try your change as my main trunk isn’t showing as active for some reason.

However! I can confirm this method works - many thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.